Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Running Speed
Kayos Frawg
post Aug 13 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,587

So I was reading through the Shadowrun Companion looking at the ghouls and shapeshifters, yes to try and convert them up to SR4, and noticed one of the advantages of being either one is that it affects the running multiplier in a positive way. I looked through SR4 and can't find any reference to how to determine running speed. Was the running multiplier just chucked out to simplify things? Is there a new cannon way to dertermine how fast a character runs? Anyone got any house rules for running speed? Or did I just miss the section in the book?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eryk the Red
post Aug 13 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,301

Walking and running speeds are set values (you can find them in the combat chapter, I don't have my book on me for the page).

Basically, you'd just have to guess, based on how their movement used to compare to human movement and how it would now. It works a bit too different now for there to be a direct conversion.

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Aug 13 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

Movement table, p138. Move rates per metatype are fixed, with bonus move being added via sprinting (running skill test).

+Quote Post
Kayos Frawg
post Aug 13 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 4,587

Awesome thanks, now to continue bringing ghouls and shapeshifters into 2070. }:)

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Aug 13 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Running Multipliers were chucked in 4th edition.

As for shapeshifters and ghouls, people have discussed rules for playing them before. At length.

-Frank

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:51 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.