Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Retailers in the Netherlands
hieleke
post Nov 17 2003, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,664

Does anyone know a retailer in the Netherlands that still sells shadowrun books? It's very hard to get the books over here and there are still a lot of them I'm interested in, especially the newer FanPro releases. So if anyone could help me, thanks very much!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DV8
post Nov 17 2003, 04:33 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 116

Hey, I'm in Amsterdam, and I've basically given up on buying Shadowrun books in bookstores, so I shop for them on Amazon.co.uk, or Fanpro's website. (When I'm not scamming them off Adam, of course.) There are a few places that carry a couple of books, but a lot of it are older books that they still have lying around. Where in .nl are you located?

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 17 2003, 05:19 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 185

If you're resorting to Amazon.co.uk Deev then you're better off trying Leisure Games in London. They have most everything SR-wise as it's released and their shipping to continental Europe is far cheaper than Amazon.co.uk (I'm not sure about FanPro though).

+Quote Post
DV8
post Nov 18 2003, 08:32 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 116

True. I've ordered from there a couple of times in the past, and I was always satisfied with the price and the speed of delivery.

+Quote Post
hieleke
post Nov 27 2003, 11:48 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 5,664

I'm located in Tilburg, but I already know none of the shops in Tilburg, Eindhoven and Den Bosch carry any third edition books. You're right about some shops still having some second edition books lying around, but I'm not looking for those.
I suppose there's just no place in the Netherlands that still carries Shadowrun books.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Nov 28 2003, 03:55 AM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Game store owners and clerks can't read minds - if you haven't, you should try seeing if they'll order Shadowrun books for you. It may simply be that sales tapered off, so they quit pre-ordering books. If you can prove that they'll move a unit or two of the new books, they maystart ordering them again or at least special ordering them for you.

+Quote Post
post Nov 29 2003, 12:48 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,663

Not saying I'm from Netherlands, but Adam is indeed right from where I am over in this shabby place known as Buffalo NY. Sounds like you guys are better off then where I am, I can't even find 2nd edition stuff in hardly anystores besides the one I do the hobby at. I didn't know why he wasn't getting the new stuff in. So finally I decided to ask him if he could get me Dot6W, I had it in my hands the week after(and could have had it sooner if I could've gotten down to the store before it closed. Work shifts that keep me away from certain things. Keeps me able to buy the stuff.) So I implore you to at least ask if you haven't. Not saying it will work but ussually the store owner just cares about making a profit. The don't want dead inventory.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.