Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reinforce, A quick spell question
Kyuuketsuki
post Aug 20 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,697

Can the reinforce spell be used on an armor jacket to increase its armor rating?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Aug 20 2007, 05:10 AM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Not in my game!

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Aug 20 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 948

Although one could just rule that “It’s magic� i would rule that reinforce does just that – it makes the material more rigid and harder as it is a manipulation spell that alters the material.

End result would be that the new armour rating would count against your body and possible give dicepool reduction.

The same would apply to vehicles as their handling would suffer (but not gunnery, sensor operations and the like.

So, with those tiny restrictions I would allow it.

+Quote Post
Kyuuketsuki
post Aug 20 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 1,697

Thanks, someone in a game I just started wanted to use it and I thought I'd get a consensus. I like the idea you give about using the new armor rating against body. Makes Armor worth the extra drain without making reinforce useless.

+Quote Post
Kronk2
post Sep 16 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,245

yes, but it also makes the material less flexible. Think wearing boards as armor.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:04 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.