IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technomancers in popular TV, Anyone here is watching Heroes?
JesterX
post Aug 30 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,390

For those who want to see a technomancer in action, I recommend that you watch the NBC show titled "Heroes"

[ Spoiler ]

That show is *REALLY* great imho...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Aug 30 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

Yeah, I really like Hanna's character. Hopefully she'll play a role in season 2, but since they said that each season will have new heroes with new stories, and she was just a background character for the most part, I won't be surprised if we see her either rarely or never. Which is sad, because Stana Katic (sp?) is a hottie. :)

She's definitely a good representation of a Technomancer (sans sprites). Micah is probably summoning various sprites to talk to in order to do his stuff.

Sorry for not putting up spoilers, but since the entire season aired months ago, I'm gonna be lazy. :)

+Quote Post
Trigger
post Aug 30 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 10,215

The comic that Hanna first appeared in before she showed up physically on the show influenced a lot of how I view the way technomancers see wireless signals and the world around them. The messages zipping by all the time in the air around her was just cool, as well as a sky that is almost always covered in wireless signals of some sort, like a second cloud layer. Very cool. Can't wait for Heroes' Season 2 even if the line-up is going to change a bit.

+Quote Post
Draconis
post Aug 30 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,607

Bleh, I don't even have a TV. I read these odd things called books and bug people here for entertainment.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Aug 30 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #5

Deus Absconditus

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,566

I don't have TV either, but I did (at the behest of some friends) check out the series, since they'd iTunes'd it and lent me the copies. Naturally, they wanted to ask about what I thought and powers and stuff. This was in the beginning of the show, mind you.

I told them I thought Micah's powers were awesome. They said "What powers?" because he hadn't demonstrated anything on-screen. And then didn't believe me that his ability was a 'real' superpower. I suggested they look up "Forge" in a comic character encyclopedia. Glad to see my guess was proved right.

+Quote Post
Trigger
post Aug 30 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 10,215

You can also watch the entire series on nbc.com if you don't have a tv. It is what I did with most of the series unless I was somewhere when it was on, like the party my friend had for the last couple of episodes of the season.

+Quote Post
Draconis
post Aug 30 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,607

QUOTE (Trigger)
You can also watch the entire series on nbc.com if you don't have a tv. It is what I did with most of the series unless I was somewhere when it was on, like the party my friend had for the last couple of episodes of the season.

I might on a whim download seasons later. But call me wary of mainstream media since I did that with "Lost". That show made me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.

+Quote Post
Buster
post Aug 30 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 11,869

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, expecting for the quality to drop off like every other series, but every episode of Heroes was awesome for the entire series. Well, the final showdown was a let-down, but I got the impression that the last episode was hastily retooled after they found out the show was renewed for another season.

I wish technomancers were more like Micha, able to affect all electronic devices, but I guess with activator nanites, they can.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:24 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.