Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Move by Wire and Skillwires, Augmentation Question
Cheops
post Aug 30 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 392

Does it say anywhere that you can't have both MBW and skillwires?

Does this mean it is possible to start with a character with skillwires 3 and 2 at the cost of +1 initiative pass?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Aug 30 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

what do you mean "at the cost of 1 initiative pass"?

they weren't going to get 4 IPs anyways.

at any rate, i probably wouldn't allow it without some sort of implant to keep the two sets from fighting each other.

+Quote Post
PlatonicPimp
post Aug 30 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 1,320

Basically, it sounds like you want to upgrade the skillwire part of move by wire without upgrading the rest of it. To this I say no.

But I would think that if you installed a skillwire system in addition to the move by wire, essentially a parallel system, you could use it instead of the skillwires that come with move by wire.

The grey area is can you use them both at the same time. I'd say that, no, you cannot use the second set of skillwires while you are using the first. And since one of those two systems is a initiative enhancer that ACTS as skillwires, I'd say that so long as you were using the move by wire system (receiving any bonuses from it), then you cannot use the independant skillwire system. So either better skillwires, or better initiative, your choice.

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Aug 30 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

I'd probably allow them to be used side-by-side. You're paying more essence for the benefit, and swapping out skill softs in a single set isn't difficult at all. I see it adding a little bit of versatility, but hardly any power.

+Quote Post
PlatonicPimp
post Aug 30 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 1,320

Riddle me this, than. Would yo allow a character who has purchased 2 skillwire systems (not move by wire, just skillwires), use both simultaneously?

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Aug 30 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 12,328

QUOTE (PlatonicPimp)
Riddle me this, than. Would yo allow a character who has purchased 2 skillwire systems (not move by wire, just skillwires), use both simultaneously?

Can I answer? I'd let them use it side by side, but not two skillwire systems, so as to avoid rampantly screwing any sammie who get move by wire, rather than internal consistency.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.