IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Metamagic Techniques, How Are They Created?
Zhan Shi
post Aug 31 2007, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,615

Something I've been wondering for a while. Street Magic gives rules for new spells. But nowhere have I seen game mechanics for new metamagic. How exactly does a character research them? Can a spirit teach a power as a metamagic technique?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 31 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,935

Rules for creating your own metamagic techniques haven't been created, and it's really between the player and the GM. I suggest taking a look at the existing metamagics and spirit powers and follow a similar format when making your own.

As far as how metamagics are researched in Shadowrun, the methods depend on the tradition of the researcher but generally involve periods of experimentation (dangerous to say the least) and astral quests. See p.52 of Street Magic for possibilities.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:02 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.