Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Started my SR4 campaign today.
1000buffalo
post Sep 10 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,396

Kicked off an SR4 campaign today, down at the flgs (EndGame in Oakland). We used the book pregens with the exception of my friend [url=http://www.godzillagamingpodcast.libsyn.com/]Mike]/url], and it was everyone's first time with the 4th edition rules. Of six players, three were familar with the 4th ed setting (and older), two only older editions, and one newb. Five of the group are experienced roleplayers.

I used sheets from the Shadowrun fanresources page, including player cheat sheets. I also have the GM screen. I ran the SR Missions episode of "An Once of Prevention". The PC's were a street samurai (custom build by Mike), occult investigator, face, combat mage, troll enforcer.

Everybody enjoyed the session muchly, and wants to play on an every two- to three-week schedule.

Combined with yesterday's Classic Battletech launch party at EndGame, it was a weekend of old school gaming goodness. ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Sep 10 2007, 03:00 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

... i hope you're planning on using something like the recommended missions thing that lets you swap out the archetype from the book for one you make yourself after you've had a chance to get the hang of things...

in general, the archetypes from the book are not very well designed... nor are they particularly likely to follow the rules exactly...

+Quote Post
1000buffalo
post Sep 10 2007, 03:10 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 12,396

Yea, absolutely. I think everyone's planning on doing just that.

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Sep 10 2007, 03:17 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

Hey why don't you make an AAR like me? Would be fun to read up on someone elses campaign for a change, and maybe I'll get inspired as well...

Well, if you have the time..

+Quote Post
Gort
post Sep 10 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,415

QUOTE (Jaid)
in general, the archetypes from the book are not very well designed...

Haha, yes. Like the hacker with no Exploit program (pretty much the cornerstone of all hacking) or the rigger who's allergic to sunlight.

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Sep 10 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

Make sure you grab the Errata. The sample Archetypes have the highest concentration of corrections per page than anywhere else in the book.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.