IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Retinal Identification for Cybereyes, What do they do?
Nasrudith
post Sep 11 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,447

Retinal scans are mentioned as being used for identification and transactions above a certain nuyen. What do they do with cybereyed individuals ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Meriss
post Sep 11 2007, 03:33 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 11,025

Presumably they have a unique serial number for retinal purposes. The scanner grabs the serial/UPC and runs it though the data base. Although they might also have a false retina pattern modeled after the orginal eye. But even your Bible (SR4 BBB) mentions retinal mods for cybereyes so they must have something.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Sep 11 2007, 03:36 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

I'd always assumed a read-only passive RFID tag.

+Quote Post
Hartbaine
post Sep 11 2007, 03:41 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,115

QUOTE (kzt)
I'd always assumed a read-only passive RFID tag.

If that were the case the tag could be erased with little diffculty. Then what? Every time you get scanned you set off an alarm or alert the authorities?

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Sep 11 2007, 03:42 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 12,328

I've assumed it is something complex because nothing actually prohibits you from using the retinal cybereye mods, or the nanocybernetic eyemods to imitate something with a regular eye, and whats more it takes hits above threshold on *another sensor entirely* to notice that you have an illegal eyemod.

Otherwise every retinal scanner would be partnered with a cyberware scanner to make it impossible to ever do any sort of retinal fakery.

So cybereyes must have something that resembles conventional retinas.

Edit: Mhmm, my logic is pretty shocking in that, but I think you get the idea.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Sep 11 2007, 03:56 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (Hartbaine)
If that were the case the tag could be erased with little diffculty. Then what? Every time you get scanned you set off an alarm or alert the authorities?

They really don't want that to happen, as it's an ID . Hence it's a "security" tag. You can erase it the same way you can erase any RFID chip that is built into a single complex integrated processor. With a hammer.

Then yes, you do. How many places are going to require a retinal print to pass? Airports, courthouses, booking rooms, . . . All places which won't like you after you try to use a rating 1 fake SIN either.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.