Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technomancer
SinN
post Sep 13 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,237

I recently had to make a technomancer charactor and relized I dont have a fraggin clue how they work. I read in the SR core book, but other than that, I have very little understanding. Can someone throw me a bone here?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Sep 13 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

What confuses you? Are you wondering how the rules for interacting with the Matrix works, or just what some of the primary strategies are?

+Quote Post
neko128
post Sep 13 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,209

Yeah, it's hard to answer the question without a bit more clarification. TMs are a weird mix between regular hackers, commlinks, and magicians; their Commlink stats use their mental attributes instead of physical devices; their persona condition monitor is their actual stun condition monitor (which sucks, let me tell you). Their "programs" are paid for by karma and stored in their heads, plus they can summon sprites (which for most intents and purposes can be a considered a typo of "spirits"). Also, they officially use non-standard versions of hacking and computer skills; so TMs can learn Cracking ™ and Cracking (non-TM), but they're very different methods.

Outside of those weirdnesses, they operate under almost exactly the same rules as hackers.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:23 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.