IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> question on masking metamagic?, Do you have to see your aura to hide it?
captainh
post Sep 19 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,103

If an adept without astral perception, initiates would he be able to to mask his aura if he can't astrally percept. This has come up in a game I'm running and I'm not sure if there are any rules on it. The adept wants to look mundane, and the power doesn't say you have to be specifically perceptive to do that, but how could he know his powers working if he can't even see aura's. So does anyone know if there's any official rules on this, or what makes the most sense?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Sep 19 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #2

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Ask someone with Astral Perception to look at you?

Now hopefully they will answer truthfully. For some things you may want to rely on others.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Sep 19 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #3

Deus Absconditus

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,566

Given that it's not 'on or off', it's a contested roll, that's like saying, "Can you see the gun I hid on my person?" Some can, some can't. There's no objective standard for it - it's based on the skill of both participants.

+Quote Post
laughingowl
post Sep 19 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,895

Same way he knows how to heal himself (with the appropriate powers)..

He centers himself, focuses his Chi, etc....

Sure some people may be fooled and other wont... but its like a method actor getting into characters...

Want to be mundane... you start focusing on 'how a mundane feels' ... and if you got masking, you fool some people....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:08 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.