IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is music like in your world?, what music rocks your trolls socks off.
Kronk2
post Sep 24 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,245

We all know about Trog trash metal.
In the Kellian Colt stories they talk about the upswing in Celtic influence in elvish culture.

So I guess what I am asking here is, What is the new cool music in your game?

Are Trolls with bagpipes wandering the streets of Boston?
Have Bands of Flamenco dancing gypsy punks wearing Purple taken over your bar?

Are guilds of ragged dwarven percussionists taking over your park?

Whats music like in SR, how do we define/ describe it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ed_209a
post Sep 24 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,128

I don't try to describe what music is actually like in my games, because it would be like predicting Fallout Boy while listening to a big band show in 1935.

What I do is describe the cultural role it fills. ie, no it doesn't sound like Metallica, but the same crowd that likes Metallica in 2007 would like "Sprawlcology" in 2070.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Sep 24 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #3

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

I do much as Ed does. It's the "idea and feel" of a band that matters, and I let the players' imaginations take over from there. If there's a band that I want to specifically touch on (maybe I just had a neat idea, or maybe it's actually important for the run or something) then I might come up with a bit more.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Sep 24 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...my RiS campaign has a decidedly "film noir"slant so most of the places the team ends up meeting contacts at tend to feature small combo jazz or Euro Bistro music.

...of course where they are now, music is the least of the locals' concerns.

+Quote Post
Kronk2
post Sep 24 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Interesting Ideas and I do agree that while the spefic sound of the band is sometimes cool on its own, its more about the people you will find in the crowd form a players point of view.

I like the details of the sounds because its kinda what I do, I record and produce music.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Sep 24 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

If/when I do use music in my live games, it's just the same in Shadowrun as it is in any other game I'm running; mood music. It's soft and quiet, and tailored to the particular mood I'm trying to evoke. Anything else is just a distraction and makes playing more difficult.

I do use music to help me when designing characters or scenarios, though. One of my favorites when working on Shadowrun is Scissor Sister's "I Can't Decide." It just has this great whimsical vibe cloaking psychopathic lyrics that suits my style to a letter.

+Quote Post
Kronk2
post Sep 24 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

IRL whne I play music for the game, its usally metallica, susan mckeown, coheed and cambria, and whatever happens to be playing on soma.fm at the time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.