Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Infirm + Shapechange, Still unaware?
Tomothy
post Oct 6 2007, 04:52 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,558

If I have a character with the negative quality infirm (because he is a cripple) and the spell shapechange do you think he would still suffer all the negative effects of infirm while in wolf form?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 6 2007, 04:58 AM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

In my game he would.

Then again he could just use Levitate to get around most of the associated problems.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Oct 6 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

infirm doesn't really do what the name says at all. it just prevents you from making certain skill checks (unless you buy those skills). if you have a houseruled version of infirm that gives a penalty to physical attributes, for example, shapechanging might fix that. the version presented in the main book would not be corrected by shapechange at all, because the one in the main book doesn't affect physical attributes, it effects skills.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 6 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

While that is all true, my response was directed more to the fact that Tomothy stated that the Infirm Quality in this specific case stemmed from the character actually being crippled.

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Oct 6 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 9,421

It doesn't heal you of your wounds, so I don't see why it would heal you of your long term problems unless it is a form without whatever is crippled.

Chris

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.