Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nanotech Medical Question, Nanotech family planning
st0023kr
post Oct 6 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,336

I have just got a copy of the shadowrun book "Augmentation".
I would like to know if nanotech can be used to help a couple have
a baby?
I am writting a small senerio with a pregnance and tech being the center of
the story plotline..
Can it be used covertly to make other female meta or human pregnant?
Can it be used to aquire the said material from both male and female
covertly?
What are the legal issues about getting back the said materials in the shadowrun world?
Thank you for any help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Oct 6 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #2

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

The only thing really close that I could find is that the Aztechnology subsidiary Genetique works on fertility stuff. But then that's Genetech, not Nano so it doesn't help you much.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility to do what you're suggesting, but it looks like you'd have to do a lot of the nitty gritty work yourself.

Me? If it's plot stuff, then the details aren't that important in the case you describe. A simple "they used some kind of nanotech organisms to get her pregnant with stuff from dude and chick" is enough to explain what's going on. The only reason you'd need more detail, to me anyway, is if the tech were the center of the plot, rather than the pregnancy (for example if the runners were being hired to steal it; although even then a simple "that's the jar with those fertility nanites in it would probably do the trick ;)).

As far as legal issues, not sure that you're going to find much in canon that directly addresses that. The bonus there is that whatever you say the law is goes. I could even see certain stricter jurisdictions calling that rape, perhaps even of both parties, with the culprit being the entity that controlled the nanites/process.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.