Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A matter of cyberlimbs and bone lacing, what gives
Pendaric
post Oct 7 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,047

To continue in the same vein of ways to stop cyberlimbs from sucking quite so badly...
Why does bone lacing give the character the ability to do physical damage at half power in unarmed combat and a cyber limb does not?
One is a meat wrapped fist of plastic/metal, while a cyberfist is a literal fist of metal?
(Or perhapes polycarbon alloy/plastisteel/steel hard cermet etc)
The principle stands that the limb should effect a similar effect with minimal mechanical alteration to the game system.

Surely applying the same level of common sense logic to the game mechanics would soften the massive inconsistences that cripple cyber limbs?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Oct 7 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (Pendaric)
To continue in the same vein of ways to stop cyberlimbs from sucking quite so badly...
Why does bone lacing give the character the ability to do physical damage at half power in unarmed combat and a cyber limb does not?
One is a meat wrapped fist of plastic/metal, while a cyberfist is a literal fist of metal?
(Or perhapes polycarbon alloy/plastisteel/steel hard cermet etc)
The principle stands that the limb should effect a similar effect with minimal mechanical alteration to the game system.

Surely applying the same level of common sense logic to the game mechanics would soften the massive inconsistences that cripple cyber limbs?

Yeah, I have no idea why someone decided that lacings should have that property but cyberlimbs don't. It's stuff like that which makes me wonder if people who write these sourcebooks proofread at all.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 8 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Meat around metal is more powerful than metal by itself. That's why when you wrap steak around your club, the Power and Damage Level each go up by 1 (for non-blunt weapons, you just get the Power increase, not DL).

~J

+Quote Post
Slump
post Oct 8 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,492

Heh, Your post made me mis-read your sig.

Failure: When your beef just isn't enough.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Oct 8 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #5

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

QUOTE (Slump)
Heh, Your post made me mis-read your sig.

Failure: When your beef just isn't enough.

You just about owed me a new keyboard, flatscreen LCD and set of speakers, all in one go.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:28 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.