st23am
post Oct 15 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,778

Boing boing article
Non Invasive Brain to computer control
Keio University bioengineers have demonstrated the control of a Second Life avatar using a non-invasive brain-computer interface

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cx2
post Oct 15 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,802

Hmm, curious.

Somehow I suspect the biggest hurdle will be input into the brain rather than output from it though.

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Oct 15 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 9,421

The biggest hurdle will be figuring out how to restrict the signals in the brain from going to the rest of your body. I mean, I guess we could just strap you down.... but there would be other decent ways. We've mapped the brain enough that sending signals in really shouldn't be too much of a problem. We do very similar things during brain surgery a lot of the time right now.

Chris

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:07 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.