Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Unique Spirits
moosegod
post Nov 23 2003, 04:18 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,818

I was reading MitS and I got to thinking- what other unique spirits could there be?

The only one I can think of is the Flying Dutchman.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
toturi
post Nov 23 2003, 04:22 AM
Post #2

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Well, try using the myths and legends of other cultures, not necessarily limited to Judeo-christian, but try Hindu or Chinese or Egyptian.

+Quote Post
Kage2020
post Nov 23 2003, 08:17 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 5,555

If one wanted a direct RPG source, it might be interesting to check out GURPS Spirits which includes a number of interesting spirit 'types'.

Kage

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Nov 23 2003, 08:20 PM
Post #4

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

Mmm... GURPS...

+Quote Post
RangerJoe
post Nov 23 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,897

Well... there is the Easter Bunny.... a moderate level free spirit with the wealth power (brightly decorated eggs), and a physical manifestation in the form of a giant pink bunny wearing a nametag which reads "Not Harvey."

+Quote Post
Kage2020
post Nov 23 2003, 08:38 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 5,555

Well, I know how many people tend to view the game but it does often have some rather good and well written, if generic (kind of by definition), sourcebooks out there. I seem to remember skimming through a playtest version of Spirits and thinking that it could be useful at a later date... I also remember finding the GURPS versions of such things as the various WoD books to be more useful than the WW versions...

But - heck! - some of that is vague recollection and impression...

In fact, now that I think about it... Yep, probably will be a used in the ED/SR 'cross-over' that I'm planning. But there we go.

Kage

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.