IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another question regarding Shapeshifters..., -And easier on the flames people...
Tiralee
post Nov 23 2003, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,585

Hiya,

Ok, I know that it's probabily in the 3rd Edition Magic in the Shadows -

But what happens to a shapeshifter when s/he/it passes out of the earth's manasphere?

As a dual-natured ceature, are there any specific problems, or is it only when a creature, metahuman or otherwise, goes astral in the deep black?

Once again comments, questions and criticism are welcomed.

Oh, and if any of the canon-authors are out there, any chance of the stats for swan, heron, owl and horse shapeshifters? (As mentioned on page 141, Paranormal Animals of Europe.)

And on a totally different topic, anyone notice in Rigger 3, page 8, the biker on the chopper at the bottom of the picture? Amazingly, I noticed this while listening to "Dragula".

Any Rob Zombie fans out there care to comment? :talker:

L.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 23 2003, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 185

Pop.

+Quote Post
spotlite
post Nov 23 2003, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,752

I don't think there's a specific ruling for it. But bear in mind that shifters are animals first and humans second. In other words, until the mana levels got high enough they were just ordinary specimens of their species, though perhaps larger or more intelligent. I'd say they revert to animal form in the presence of exceptionally low mana, and would probably lose their dual natured aspects as well which would actually prevent them from dying or going mad instantly.

Or perhaps not. Given that I can't think of a specific example from the books its probably up to the GM to decide how harsh they want to be!

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 23 2003, 01:22 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 185

Ok, I know that it's probabily in the 3rd Edition Magic in the Shadows -
But what happens to a shapeshifter when s/he/it passes out of the earth's manasphere?
As a dual-natured ceature, are there any specific problems, or is it only when a creature, metahuman or otherwise, goes astral in the deep black?
Once again comments, questions and criticism are welcomed.

Space is a nasty mana warp and most locations "up the well" have a background count of 10 (stations and bases a little less) and a number of nasty side effects (all listed on pages 85 and 86 of MitS and page 128 Target:Wastelands). Shifters are dual-natured meaning they are constantly "astrally perceiving" and the effects are pretty nasty.

Oh, and if any of the canon-authors are out there, any chance of the stats for swan, heron, owl and horse shapeshifters? (As mentioned on page 141, Paranormal Animals of Europe.)

If any such official stats are coming, they'll be in Running Wild sometime next year.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.