Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Landmarks and Gangs in Redmond Barrens
Wit
post Nov 12 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,071

As mentioned in my Maps post, I'm getting ready to start a campaign which will require a 'fixed map,' a persistent setting. I'm planning on starting the party in Redmond, and I'd like the area to represent the fluff as much as possible.

If you folks could list as many of the major gangs, any corp enclaves that might be there, or any landmarks that stood out, I'd appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Nov 12 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #2

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

You might get a better response if you PM a moderator and ask them to move your post to the main SR4 forum. :D

Edit for clarity.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Nov 12 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

Moved from community projects to the SR4 forum.

You might want to investigate Runner Havens, half of which is specifically dedicated to Seattle (the other half is Hong Kong). There are also Seattle sourcebooks from previous editions and the fluff from those books would still apply even if the mechanics don't.

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Nov 12 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

QUOTE (Wit)
As mentioned in my Maps post, I'm getting ready to start a campaign which will require a 'fixed map,' a persistent setting. I'm planning on starting the party in Redmond, and I'd like the area to represent the fluff as much as possible.

If you folks could list as many of the major gangs, any corp enclaves that might be there, or any landmarks that stood out, I'd appreciate it.

I have a running campaign that at least originated in the Barrens.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=17187

As for fixed locations, well alot of Redmond is undefined by SR. The most important landmarks etc. are:
Glow City, afallout area where the nuclear power plant exploded back in the day and mostly populated by mutants, including the Rusted Stilettos gang

Redmond (a.k.a "Touristville") the best area in the Redmond barrens, where LS actually dare to enter, community works more or less, and where most SINers in the barrens live. I think it's fairly westwards, neighbouring Bellevue.

Well that's mostly that. There are other locations in Runner Havens and the much better old Seattle Scourcebook, and some on the internet, but they're not placed on any map so who knows where they really are. Best bet is to use todays maps etc. for geographical data and replace todays' suburbian homes with cheap tenements, old abandoned office buildings, and places with more or less just rubble.

+Quote Post
Eleazar
post Nov 12 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,130

This is the best I have ever seen has far as landmarks go. Gives a pretty good map of the other Seattle areas too.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/shadowrun/shad...e.asp?cid=37607

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Nov 12 2007, 05:13 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

Don't forget:

Rat's Nest -- City's largest municipal dump. Can find just about anything there if you know where to look.

Plastic Jungle -- area of old abandoned greenhouses that have been restored and people are living there. Haunt of the Spiders.

Crash Zone -- area between Snohomish and Snoqualmie rivers where Corporate Court plane crashed in '59 killing one of the judges (one of trigger events of Corporate War/Blood in Boardroom campaign).

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Nov 12 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

Oh yeah, I forgot all about the interactive map. I stand corrected, although I have a hard time differencing between district parts and roads/highways.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:38 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.