IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which AAA do you hate the most and why?, Evil, evil megacorps.
Which AAA megacorp do you hate the most and why?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 101
Guests cannot vote 
JongWK
post Nov 26 2003, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

Ok, people, lets see our reasons... 8)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Nov 26 2003, 02:47 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,488

Aztechnology...if you don't know why, shame on you.

The Abstruse One

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Nov 26 2003, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 3,437

Aztlan...errr.... Aztechnology... Governments...err... corps just shouldn't have those damn pyramids, and so damn many of them. :P

+Quote Post
Solidcobra
post Nov 26 2003, 03:00 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,252

Why do you hate aztechnology?
It's just another AAA corp......
or is it? *Dum dum DUM*

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Nov 26 2003, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

And they have the best PR team in the world... :evil:

+Quote Post
Solidcobra
post Nov 26 2003, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

so you hate their PR teams?
*Doesn't know what Aztech did that's so horrible*

+Quote Post
Traks
post Nov 26 2003, 03:14 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,685

Renraku. Dunno why, there was some reason but my progressing sclerosis prevents to name it. Aztechnology - neh, everyone discriminates them. In fact they are best company in many spheres. And don't ask why my name is on their PR manager's list :)

+Quote Post
Sahandrian
post Nov 26 2003, 03:15 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,880

Oh, they're just bringing about the apocalypse is all.

And though one of my characters has a major problem with Ares, personally, I'd have to vote Aztech. Calling demonic forces to our world is very no.

+Quote Post
Earthwalker
post Nov 26 2003, 03:15 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 3,225

In the game world I have created Aztecnology and SK seem to inspire the most fear and hated. I think this is in some way the picture I paint of them.

The one unique thing about them both as they have been presented in adventures and sourcebooks is that both of them will and have taken things personally were as the other big ten dont seem to.

I cant remember the scenario where Aztecnology were after two combat bikers erm Punch and Judy becuase of actions they had taken against Aztecnology in there shadowrunner past.

SK being vindictive is just the natural of having a dragon running the show. Speculation about SKs action does lead alot of people to believe that if prompted Loftwyr could and would take actions against him and his corporation personally.

Of course I do love the fact that Aztecnology is winning the voting for evilest megacorp when a poll of the ocupants of 2063 Seattle would have them as one of the nicest corps, after all they have some of the best spin doctors out there.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Nov 26 2003, 03:16 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

so you hate their PR teams?

No, I was just saying that they usually get away with anything they want. The public just loves them.

I despise Aztech, not for the same reasons most people do, but because so many "normal" people inside it accept what the corp really seems to stand for.

Shiawase and Mitsuhama come close. Shiawase just doesn't click with me, they aren't as attractive as the others. They might as well scrap it and put a new corp. Oh, don't forget the Shiawase Decision.

Mitsuhama embodies the classical zaibatsu you see in Gibson's novels. Absolute, dehumanized disregard for the world.

I must clarify something: Oh I do hate Aztech, but it is one the best corps to have fun with. :vegm:

This post has been edited by JongWK: Nov 26 2003, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post
Solidcobra
post Nov 26 2003, 03:19 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Question: Why does people hate renraku?
The books (i think it was the companion and rigger 3) mentioned something horrible happening with them involved.....
*Knows very little about the corps, seeing as i only have the "Must have to play" books*

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Nov 26 2003, 03:27 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

They are fully responsible for the Renraku Arcology Shutdown and everything that followed.

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Nov 26 2003, 03:36 PM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

Well, with the way Aztlan is laying waste to forests with their chemical weapons used on their own people, they honestly should be the most hated for their complete lack of humanity.

In our games, we've actually assisted Amazonia with recapturing much of the lands, giving them possession all the way up to the Panama Canal. Currently working with Denver(Ghostwalker) and UCAS to push them out of Texas, though it appears that Texas will end up being its own government in the process as they don't seem to be willing to join either UCAS nor CAS (nor the Indian tribal lands). We've been 'stationed' in Austin for about 4 months game-time now, though we do move around alot so are rarely actually at that location. Trying to get ahold of the Aztlan book before I take over the GMing in Jan.

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Centurion
post Nov 26 2003, 03:53 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,571

Why would the UCAS give a flying flip about Texas? And forming it's own government

Granted, being from there, I'd love to see a Texan freedomfighter game, but just confused on how any successful outcome would result in anything besides the rest of the state just joining the CAS (remember, they only lost San Antonio and south, not everything to the Sabine river.)

+Quote Post
Solidcobra
post Nov 26 2003, 03:54 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Last question! (Maybe, buy asking=learning, right?)
What is the Renraku Archology Shutdown? I couldn't find any real info about it in the books i have (Most "splatbooks", the companion and the sourcebook)....
Me=:noob:

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Nov 26 2003, 03:58 PM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Centurion)
Why would the UCAS give a flying flip about Texas? And forming it's own government

Actually I mean CAS not UCAS in who we were helping out, sorry about the confusion there.

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Sahandrian
post Nov 26 2003, 04:05 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE (Solidcobra)
Last question! (Maybe, buy asking=learning, right?)
What is the Renraku Archology Shutdown? I couldn't find any real info about it in the books i have

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Nov 26 2003, 04:12 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

The books you are looking for are:

Renraku Arcology: Shutdown
Brainscan
Threats 2
Matrix

+Quote Post
Siege
post Nov 26 2003, 04:20 PM
Post #19

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

I dunno -- I've never played "On a Mission" characters, so I can't say that I really despise any particular AAA.

Except maybe the AAARP -- damn drivers... :grinbig:

-Siege

+Quote Post
Req
post Nov 26 2003, 04:43 PM
Post #20

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 277

If I wasn't the GM, Aztech would be far and away the mega I hate most.

FOr exactly the same reasons, because I am the GM, Aztech is my most favoritist megacorp. Ever.

And no way am I letting Darke die. Canon is wrong, baby. :)

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Nov 26 2003, 05:21 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 1,890

I answered mine from a player's point of view, not a character's. Ares is just really, really boring, so it tends to be the one I hate the most. Aztechnology may be the most evil, but at least it has style and is fun to use. Ares... not so much.

Plus I hate the names they give their weapons. "Ares Alpha" and "Ares Predator" just sound stupid. :D

+Quote Post
Connor
post Nov 26 2003, 05:52 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,652

I had to vote Aztecnology as well. Mostly because of the whole summon evil things to the world. Although, just about everything about the corp gives me the shivers. It's probably impossible to go through a day without using some sort of Aztech or Aztech subsidiaries product, even if you would prefer not too...horrible.

On Ares, I tend to have a lot of fun with them. As Doctor Funkenstein says there, they do have a nice clean boring corporate face, but as the saying goes "It's always the quiet ones." As an example, I think Threats 2 shows just the kind of sick and twisted stuff you can do with Ares behind the scenes.

+Quote Post
Crimson Jack
post Nov 26 2003, 05:58 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 4,712

I like them all. I am a GM. :D

+Quote Post
Jpwoo
post Nov 26 2003, 06:10 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,613

My players are distrustful of WalMarts in real life. So when I was running a game with azzies as the main targets, the characters found the now ubiquitous AzMarts everywhere. The players actually went there quite a bit, it is a good place to buy duct tape at 4 am.

As a GM I like all the corp. I guess I just feel sorry for all the poor corp guards who my runners have killed over the years. All those families thrown into turmoil. Thank goodness the AAA corps are there to pick up the peice left behind when Evil runners destroy lives.

+Quote Post
Cray74
post Nov 26 2003, 06:32 PM
Post #25

Running Target

Member No.: 2,860

QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I answered mine from a player's point of view, not a character's. Ares is just really, really boring, so it tends to be the one I hate the most. Aztechnology may be the most evil, but at least it has style and is fun to use. Ares... not so much.

Actually, one of the (many) reasons I dislike Aztechnology is that it's evil without (IMO) style. It's just a faceless megacorp hiding behind do-whatever-it-takes PR hit squads pushing a thousand unrelated products, doing evil things like supporting blood shamans, human sacrifices, crushing rebels in a generic stupid evil empire kinda way, etc. The faux-Aztec cover just isn't enough style for me.

Saeder-Krupp I liked as an evil empire. It had style. It had a quality evil overlord. It was distinctive: remorseless German industry combined with great dragon strength. Now, I'm starting to wonder if SK not's so much an evil empire as "good empire achieving its goals through inscruitable dragon means," which'd be a bit disappointing, but it's cool.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.