IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR4Chargen excell sheet updated for augmentation, Why yes, I have been gone for 18 months
Feshy
post Nov 20 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Metaplane GEPLK136 (The one with the lizards. You remember the lizards, don't you?)
Member No.: 7,684

Sorry that I disappeared so abruptly 18 months ago.

Anyway, I've gotten ahold of Augmentation, and since it allowed me to do some of my old character concepts justice, I've been inspired to update the old character generating excel file that I used regularly. This is the one created by Autarkis and updated by Blakkie through Street Magic. I've added pretty much everything in Augmentation at this point, but I certainly won't guarantee it's error-free!

All files are hosted on Mediafire, so you'll have to view some adds to get them. Feel free to mirror these elsewhere if you like!

*New Versions Available as of 12/05/2007 (draft 7)*
The update notes are a bit further down the thread.

For those of you who have the latest software (Excel 2007, can open .rar files), use this link:
SR4Chargen (xlsx)

For those of you with older versions of Excel (and who still use zip), use this link:
SR4Chargen (xls) (not guaranteed to even be as error-free as the xlsx file)

Previous Versions still available in the spoiler:
[ Spoiler ]

Lastly, just in case anyone was still interested in my dice roller after all this time, here's a link for that too:
Die

File Notes:
CODE

Adapsin doesn't decrease essence by 10%, as there is no way to determine if the cyberware was implanted ahead of time.

Transgenic alterations aren't listed (who wants furries in their game anyway?)

Nanohive was split into two parts because of its weird essence cost.

Genetic Heritage doesn't apply to phenotype adjustments (because the two you can start with aren't useful anyway)

Thanks again to Autakris and Blakkie for their great work that I merely built on (or went mess'n up, more accurately.)

See you all in another 18 months (just kidding, let me know if there are any glaring errors in the sheet that I've missed; I just did another bunch of updates that I haven't checked very closely yet.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Nov 21 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #2

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

..I'll have to download the update when I get home. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Nov 21 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 12,328

Sweet.

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Nov 21 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

:notworthy:

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Nov 22 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 9,421

Huh, when I try to download it gives me 0 kb .zip and .rar files.

Chris

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Nov 24 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #6

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

I approve! Well I will when I get a chance to look through it. :)

Thanks for doing this Feshy. I might even tweak it a bit further to address the parts that have been left out if I can figure out how to easily add a good interface for them. BTW I don't have access to the website where the old version (linked in my sig) is kept. But a quick email to the owner of that website would likely get the new version posted in it's place.

EDIT: Crap, it looks like he's reorganized his page a bit. But I can't edit my sig because the board is busted. Here is the new link: http://pavao.org/shadowrun/generators/ You'll have to scroll down to the bottom of the page manually because he removed the # labels from the HTML. Also when you send it make sure to ask him to add your name to the description. 8)

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Nov 25 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

From: Metaplane GEPLK136 (The one with the lizards. You remember the lizards, don't you?)

I just thought I'd note that currently, the sheet adds essence cost multipliers together, rather than multiplying them. For instance, Second-Hand Alphaware would have a multiplier of 1 (.2 - .2) rather than .96 (1.2 * .8). Apparently, Augmentation has an example directly contradicting this, so I may change the way this is handled in the future. Also, I haven't actually added "second-hand alphaware" as a grade choice yet...

+Quote Post
Eurotroll
post Nov 25 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 13,215

I noticed that you can't clear the drop-down list fields other than by selecting a blank line -- backspacing doesn't work, but would be so much more convenient. Do you think you could change that?

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Nov 25 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Would someone mind PMing me these files? For some reason whenever I download from MediaFire I get a 0kb file that is completely useless. It is quite annoying and I cannot figure out why. Also, suggestions to fix this would be nice.

Thanks,
Chris

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Nov 25 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

It doesn't look like you can send files via PM, unfortunately. If you PM me an e-mail address, I'd be happy to send it to you. I'll do the same for anyone else having trouble with Mediafire as well.

+Quote Post
Mr.Black
post Nov 26 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 2,053

Heyo Fleshy,

Quick question. Some of the genetic customizations seemed to have particularly high avail ratings on your sheet. Genetic Optimization for one sticks in my head as showing as 20 on the excel sheet but when I checked the hardcopy it was only listed as a 10. Was there an errata I missed somewhere that had adjusted avail ratings or were you using a house rule for the availability?

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Nov 26 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Mr. Black:

I looked at the phenotype adjustment section, and looked at what I typed, and it took me a few minutes to figure out just what happened. Apparently, when I typed them in, my fingers where one key off -- thus, 12 became 23, and 10 became 20 (because the zero was with the other hand...)

Good catch! If you want to fix it yourself, you can unhide and unprotect the "ware list" sheet (no password for the protection) and change it. I'll be uploading a revised sheet with the few other errors I've found probably in the near future, too.

Thanks for finding that!

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Nov 26 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #13

Running Target

I managed to get a copy from bibliophile and it looks really good. Thanks.

Chris

+Quote Post
Mr.Black
post Nov 26 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 2,053

Will do Fleshy.

Just wanted to make certain I hadn't missed some offical errata on that.

Thanks for the great work on the sheet.

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Nov 26 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

As far as I know, there is no official errata on Augmentation yet. If there are, please send them my way and I'll incorporate them!

I've updated the files to a new draft (edited the first post with the links). There's a few bug fixes (like the one pointed out by Mr. Black), but the biggest change is just that I've changed the way having more than one essence reducing effect works. According to an example in Augmentation, it should be handled via multiplication -- that is, if you have Biocompatability, and install Alphaware, the total reduction should be:

CODE

.9 * .8 = .72

However, in most games (and there's been some hint that SR4 was supposed to do this?), they are handled by addition first. So instead you'd get:

CODE

1 - (.1 + .2) = .7

The difference is pretty small, really, but I wanted to allow people to do it both ways. Also, I kind of hate that by the default rules, Second-Hand alpha is so great. You get -1 availability, and it costs 4% less essence, with no real drawbacks. Using the addition rules, it costs the same essence at least.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 26 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #16

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Feshy)
CODE

1 - (.1 + .2) = .7

Synner has stated that this is the correct way to do it. You add all the modifiers together before the actual equation.

And no, there is not yet any Errata for Augmentation.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 26 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #17

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Feshy)
Also, I kind of hate that by the default rules, Second-Hand alpha is so great. You get -1 availability, and it costs 4% less essence, with no real drawbacks.

Second hand augmentation uses up more Essence, not less.

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Nov 26 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Second-Hand Standard cyberware uses up more essence. But according to Augmentation, Second-Hand is also available in Alphaware.

The example given in the book (on page 32) that specifically includes Second-Hand Alphaware multiplies the two essence costs of 1.2 and 0.8, and gets < 1. This is why I included both possibilities in the spreadsheet. Synner says they should be added, but as printed, the book says multiply. Once there is an official errata, we can probably remove the option (or at least switch which one is the house rule), but for now, I figure it's best to let people do both.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 26 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #19

Immoral Elf

Meh. The example on page 32 is wrong, and Nicola's Essence cost for that used Muscle Replacement (why?) should be 2. :D

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Nov 26 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortune)
Meh. The example on page 32 is wrong, and Nicola's Essence cost for that used Muscle Replacement (why?) should be 2. :D

For what it's worth, I agree. But then, if everyone agreed with me all the time, the world would be a very different place!

(And seriously, who uses muscle replacement?)

+Quote Post
Narse
post Nov 27 2007, 07:17 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,762

I use muscle replacement. One of the characters I am playing here on the forms is an ex ganger from Caracas who had very limited access to both 'ware and nuyen and therefore has muscle replacement 1 as his only combat related cyber. The sprawl ganger archetype also uses muscle replacement. (I drew heavily from that when making my character.)

Also: great sheet, I'm a big fan. I'd also like (if possible) to have future releases continue to be Open Office compatible. My excel free trail ran out recently so I can only use the pull down options to edit fields in excel :( , but OO works like a champ.

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Nov 27 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

Checking: Feshy, is there a maximum number of downloads from MediaFire? Because I just directed a very large number of people in it's direction.

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Nov 27 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #23

Running Target

None of their stuff when you join mentions anything of the sort, they seem to be a "more downloads the better" type site.

Chris

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Nov 27 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (DTFarstar)
None of their stuff when you join mentions anything of the sort, they seem to be a "more downloads the better" type site.

Chris

They're add supported, which in this case is good because if they make add money on every download, the higher volume is actually good for them. So download away! I'm just glad people are finding this useful.

+Quote Post
Narse
post Nov 29 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,762

I'm getting a wierd error with draft 4. On the Cyberware_Bioware tab, all the values in the Cybr Ess. column are twice what they should be (according to the BBB, I don't have Aug). Note: bioware essence costs are unaffected. This occurs seemingly regardless of Grade.

An example: Datajack: 0.2, Wired III: 10
Hope this is just one error on an otherwise magnificent sheet.
Edit: alpha grade only takes off 10% of the listed essence cost (the normal amount it should, not twice the amount it should) e.g. Alpha eye recording unit: 0.18 ess, 4,000 nuyen.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:25 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.