IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR4Chargen excell sheet updated for augmentation, Why yes, I have been gone for 18 months
Feshy
post Dec 6 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #51

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Metaplane GEPLK136 (The one with the lizards. You remember the lizards, don't you?)
Member No.: 7,684

One possible adjustment. Maybe take part of the weapons list & designate it for Weapon Accessories and extra ammo. This way it will be right there with the character's guns & such and not use up lines from the general gear list.

Actually, I suggested this in my first PM to Kairo, and he's working on it now. So obviously I agree it's a good idea :D Good suggestion extending it to armor, too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kairo
post Dec 7 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #52

Target

Member No.: 9,060

Yeah, I actually already had made the change and put in a modifications column for the armor. Great minds think alike. ;) I'm having a few issues with the drop downs, so I'll be sending what I have to Feshy to see if he can fix the delimited error I keep running into.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 8 2007, 01:27 AM
Post #53

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...looking forward to seein the update.

BTW someone at work kinda clued me in on doing drop downs. I'll have to search for my notes & get back to you.

+Quote Post
Kairo
post Dec 10 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #54

Target

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)

BTW someone at work kinda clued me in on doing drop downs. I'll have to search for my notes & get back to you.

Feshy got me all fixed up, but thanks for the offer. I'll be working hard on the update all week, so hopefully we'll get a quality product to you soon. :)

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 10 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #55

Bushido Cowgirl

QUOTE (Kairo)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Dec 7 2007, 08:27 PM)

BTW someone at work kinda clued me in on doing drop downs.  I'll have to search for my notes & get back to you.

Feshy got me all fixed up, but thanks for the offer. I'll be working hard on the update all week, so hopefully we'll get a quality product to you soon. :)

...sweet.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Dec 11 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #56

Running Target

Member No.: 9,421

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I'm not particularly familiar with excel, I mean I can do basic stuff, but I was wondering if there was a not too horribly complicated way to edit the sheet so that the races cost a few less BP and skills cost half. We use Frank's build rules in my home game, and right now if I use the sheet I just have to buy double skills and stuff, but going over the stated limits, even if I'm not going over the game limits, bothers me so I would like to convert the sheet to my games rules, but I can't for the life of me remember how I would do that. Any suggestions?

Chris

PS: Quite a few people seem to be trying out Frank's changes around here so if you wanted to be really nice you could just make another check box that would change things to Frank's rules.

+Quote Post
apollo124
post Dec 12 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #57

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,246

I used the xls program, since I'm working with OpenOffice 2.3, and for some reason the Gear tab shows a bunch of spaces where gear could be put, but no drop down menus. The Main page and the Magic page seemed to work fantastically. Thanks for the obvious hard work. Thanks and great job!

+Quote Post
Narse
post Dec 12 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #58

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,762

QUOTE (apollo124)
I used the xls program, since I'm working with OpenOffice 2.3, and for some reason the Gear tab shows a bunch of spaces where gear could be put, but no drop down menus. The Main page and the Magic page seemed to work fantastically. Thanks for the obvious hard work. Thanks and great job!

Its a feature, not a bug!

I believe that the intent was to let people fill in their own gear, as there is just way too much in the book to type it all out. That being said, it looks like some drop-down menus are in the works.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 12 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #59

Bushido Cowgirl

QUOTE (DTFarstar)
I'm ashamed to admit this, but I'm not particularly familiar with excel, I mean I can do basic stuff, but I was wondering if there was a not too horribly complicated way to edit the sheet so that the races cost a few less BP and skills cost half. We use Frank's build rules in my home game, and right now if I use the sheet I just have to buy double skills and stuff, but going over the stated limits, even if I'm not going over the game limits, bothers me so I would like to convert the sheet to my games rules, but I can't for the life of me remember how I would do that. Any suggestions?

Chris

PS: Quite a few people seem to be trying out Frank's changes around here so if you wanted to be really nice you could just make another check box that would change things to Frank's rules.

...click on the Tables tab. From there you should be able to modify the BP costs on the Race Table (should be the first table at the top of the page). I know in the Wizdoc Excel spreadsheet I am able to edit table data and have done so on many occasions.

+Quote Post
Kairo
post Dec 12 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #60

Target

Just to give you all a heads up on my progress...

I've entered all non-firearms equipment in the gear list up to page 320 in the SR4 rules. The data has been entered in list form into a worksheet that will be hidden. The main Gear worksheet has drop down menus and these are broken down in sections that are loosely based on the SR4 pdf bookmarks (Electronics, Explosives, Communications, etc.).

Separate worksheets will be made that will include firearms and armor. The reason I wanted to separate those is so that you can include upgrade accessories to individual weapons and armor.

+Quote Post
Kairo
post Dec 14 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #61

Target

Here are some screenshots to show the progress I'm making. It's still a work in progress and I've left some design notes that will be deleted, but what I have input is all working correctly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...Gear_Update.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ar_Update_2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/Ang...ar_Update_3.png

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Dec 15 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #62

Running Target

Member No.: 9,421

I am apparently an idiot, KK, I cannot find a tables tab in OpenOffice.

Chris

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Dec 15 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #63

Moving Target

From: Metaplane GEPLK136 (The one with the lizards. You remember the lizards, don't you?)

QUOTE (DTFarstar)
I am apparently an idiot, KK, I cannot find a tables tab in OpenOffice.

Chris

There is no such tab, I think KK is thinking of a different sheet or something.

Currently, the costs for metahuman type are actually selected by an IF statement in the cell that displays them. (The racial attributes are handled in some hidden columns on the main sheet.) This may be changed to a race table sometime in the future, which would greatly simplify things if we get a book with metahuman variants. For now though, you'll just have to change this cell.

Putting Frank's house rules as an optional rule on the sheet is probably not a bad idea, if enough people are using it.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 17 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #64

Bushido Cowgirl

...hmmm I thought there was one, must be getting mixed up with Wizdoc.xls

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Dec 18 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #65

Runner

Member No.: 12,328

I have a sheet that actually has franks rules built in.. I'll post it when I get home later, it's not very hard. It won't be a checkbox, it will be an entirely new sheet built from fleshys.

Edit: Technomancers don't work, maybe I can fix that, maybe I cannot, if someone writes out a complete list of technomantic powers that would help.

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Dec 18 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #66

Runner

Member No.: 12,328

http://www.mediafire.com/?0d0ywe20tyw

Technomancer stuff is basically glue and sticky tape with no actual substance, just fill out the 'number of complex forms' box at the top and it will caculate the costs correctly.

Please ignore or whatever the character built into the sheet, that is my test bed :)

Otherwise everything else works.

+Quote Post
sparkster4242
post Dec 21 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #67

Target

Member No.: 14,223

huh, i should have known the easiest way to get someone else to do this kind of work was to start on it myself - ive spent a couple of weeks learning enough Excel to add in Augmentation.

im having a little trouble downloading draft 8, mediafire claims it is password protected - normal?

also, was the original cyberlimb page as unfinished as i seem to have found? rating multipliers in cost and such? i realize they suck so much that noone would have looked at them enough to stumble across any bugs, and much of the system can be ignored with Aug... but i would kind of like to know im not insane.

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Dec 22 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #68

Moving Target

im having a little trouble downloading draft 8, mediafire claims it is password protected - normal?

Decidedly not normal. I just checked mediafire, and it doesn't seem to be password protected. It's been downloaded over a hundred times now, so at least some people must be able to :)

If anyone has trouble getting the file, just send me a PM with your e-mail, and I'll mail you a copy of the sheet. It might take me a few days with the holiday madness that has struck, but I'll eventually get back to you.

The cyberlimb page is working on the sheet I've got, though I remember fixing quite a few errors on it when I updated it. I don't recall which ones specifically.

+Quote Post
raverbane
post Dec 24 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #69

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,735

I cant seem to find a Skimmer Discs under the Cyber limb accessories

+Quote Post
Kairo
post Dec 28 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #70

Target

Just to update: I'm still chugging away on gear. Hopefully I'll have a draft ready for Feshy to review sometime in the next week or two.

+Quote Post
Sombranox
post Feb 3 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #71

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,368

Kind of an odd of me to be performing a bit of thread resurrection with my first post on DS (shiny new account and all), but hey, this thread and the chargen sheet in it was the reason I started reading these boards.

In short, I've been using this sheet to number crunch concepts for my own kicks and giggles and, in the process, I've been modifying it as new things have come up that I wanted to make use of.

Specifically:
--I converted it to allow overloading of BP costs of various things to user-input values, for house ruling

--I converted over most of the Frank Trollman house rules that I found at http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...=19741&st=0 using checkboxes so the different parts can be turned on or off to preference.

--Finally, I added a kind of cheesy Martial Arts worksheet for Arsenal Martial Arts styles, advantages, and maneuvers.

Anywho, I'm not sure how one would go about submitting changes to the sheet to be included in the next official draft, but whoever is in charge of that (or anyone else who'd want a copy of the sheet with my modifications) can feel free to PM me and I can send it to you or post it somewhere temporarily to download.

Thanks for a great little tool and hope the work on getting a gear list to add to it goes well.

-sombranox

P.S. I couldn't find anything on the sheet itself forbidding modifying it and redistributing it or whatnot, but if I've stepped on toes or infringed on creative works or anything like that, just let me know and I'll refrain from sending it to anyone and just keep it for my own use.

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Feb 3 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #72

Moving Target

Kairo, are you still out there?

P.S. I couldn't find anything on the sheet itself forbidding modifying it and redistributing it or whatnot, but if I've stepped on toes or infringed on creative works or anything like that, just let me know and I'll refrain from sending it to anyone and just keep it for my own use.

I think we are at least two or three main authors removed from the original at this point. Thank Autarkis for having the foresight not to forbid any modification or distribution; it's his original work that I believe we have all been building on.

As far as someone being in charge, I think that being 'in charge' of this document is like a 'herd' of butterflies. That is to say, to an outside observer, it isn't statistically impossible that you might see someone in charge at a given time, or progress in a certain direction, but it is an illusion generated by the mathematics of chaos that truly underly the system. That said, as the person who started this thread, I'll update the first post with an address to any updated sheet that people give me an address to, and I'll do the same with sheets I get via PM or at my e-mail (which will shortly be in my profile.)

Lastly, I don't have Arsenal yet, so I've got no way to update or verify any information in that book yet.

+Quote Post
Sombranox
post Feb 3 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #73

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,368

http://personal.palouse.net/shade/sr4/SR4C...%20Arsenal).xls

There's mine then. Enjoy.

+Quote Post
It trolls!
post Feb 5 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #74

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,049

I just upgraded to Office:mac 2008 and have problems with the spreadsheets not listing all items in dropdown menus. It happens with several versions of the sheet though so I think it might be a problem with Office though (woot).
Everything worked fine with 2004.

+Quote Post
Kairo
post Feb 6 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #75

Target

Yep, I'm still working on this. I'll email what I have to Feshy and see if he can clean it up a bit to conform to the standards of the rest of the spreadsheet. The gear is still a work-in-progress and due to my real world work ramping up, I haven't had as much time to devote to it of late. I'll keep hammering away as time permits though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:14 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.