> Smartlink and Grenade Launchers
RedmondLarry
post Nov 26 2003, 09:49 PM
Post #1

Senior GM

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,442

Hi Guys,
I've always played that Smartlink can give a benefit to firing grenade launchers, but its only a -1 TN bonus on the shot instead of -2, and only when Smartlink 2 is used. I've played that Smartlink 1 doesn't give a benefit at all.

Do you agree this is canon? Do you use a different rule for underbarrel launchers vs. regular launchers? Do you use a different rule if the Smartlink2 is provided by Goggles instead of cyberware? There is no benefit for Missile Launchers. How about rocket launchers or mortar launchers?

References: M&M p. 31; SR3 p. 118
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lilt
post Nov 26 2003, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,032

I don't know. There's an error in there somewhere (the bit on P31,MM) and it's GM's disgression as-to what it is. It says the bonus applies to linked weapons, then gives 3 examples, only one of which you'd expect to be 'linked' (the underbarrel grenade launcher). I'd go with the fact that it does mean 'linked weapons' and not launch weapons (as the examples it gives are) and thus you can smartlink-1 an MGL 6/12 or a rocket launcher and get a -2 TN.

For your set of questions at the bottom:
I'd have to wait to see what other people say to say if it's cannon.
By my rules, yes.
There is a benefit for rocket, missile, and mortar launchers, even from a smartlink-1.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:07 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.