IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone recognize these guns?, I want to convert them BADLY...
Phaeton
post Nov 27 2003, 01:31 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,677

http://smurgen.kj-soft.com/rick/pub/1069043396832.jpg

http://smurgen.kj-soft.com/rick/pub/1069053440170.jpg

If anyone could point out if they've seen these before and where, PLEASE TELL ME!!!!111 Thank you. :D

~Phaeton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Raptor1033
post Nov 27 2003, 02:03 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,370

how would you hold on to that first one? the thing sticking out the back would hinder a proper grip. both were probably normal handguns before they were modifed for either a movie or by someone with waaaay too much time on their hands. the first is probably based on any given modern smith & wesson pistol and the second looks to be loosely based on the Olympic Arms OA98. both modified with semicool looking grips that are completely unusable. if you wanna browse a place with a fair amount of pics go here.

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Nov 27 2003, 02:05 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

I have no idea...The first one resembles a weapon from the Ghost in the Shell manga, though. Especially the weird ammo clip.

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Nov 27 2003, 02:08 AM
Post #4

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

Something tells me those aren't real guns...

I'm probably wrong though. so don't mind me.

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Nov 27 2003, 02:20 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

I doubt they are. But, if they're from any movie/game/anime/TV show/manga/comic book/movie/whatever, I want to make them to Shadowrun stats. I just need to know what they are for purposes of what to name it. Ah well.

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Nov 27 2003, 02:30 AM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

The first gun is for GITS, I would guess the second one is too. Seburo MN-23 might give you a hand.

+Quote Post
Chodav
post Nov 27 2003, 02:32 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 5,852

The first one looks more Beretta-ish than S&W-ish, though it's a fake in any event. The second has an ounce more credibility - it looks like an M-16 family variant . . . Unless, of course, you know how the gas-operated recoil system in an M-16 variant works, at which point you realize it's a fake, too.

Real, fake, who cares? This whole forum is devoted to a game, after all! The first one looks grossly unbalanced and difficult to wield. It has no intrinsic "pointability". Firing it would not be natural or reflexive, and that's what ergonomic firearm design is all about. For that matter, it's ugly. ;)

Now, number two looks just plain cool! Maybe something in the SMG family. Range and damage are more-or-less standardized for weapon families . . . ammo capacity would be 20 if that were an M-16 variant, so low by SMG standards . . . weight (assuming polymer construction on non-mechanical components) would be on the low side, too - three-ish?

Do you own Cannon Companion? The firearm design rules are a bit cumbersome, but fun all the same. You could have that new toy stat'ed out in no time!

(Foregrip provides -1 recoil compensation, which a lightweight like number two needs baaaaad.)

+Quote Post
Hero
post Nov 27 2003, 02:33 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,996

Those are the sickest firearms I have seen in a long while, both would be held much in the fashion of the FN P90. I think those would be best converted using Spudmans FCG, but would be possible with the FCG in Cannon Companion.

+Quote Post
Lilt
post Nov 27 2003, 02:39 AM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 2,032

I don't recognise them, but I could try and help you convert them.

The first one is presumably some form of particularily heavy pistol. Give it a high power and an extended clip. Probably a heavy barrel too.

The second looks like a smg with a foregrip. Give it a pit of increaced concealability too.

As they both look pretty f**king shweet I'd give them both smartlink-2s because I can.

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Nov 27 2003, 02:50 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

QUOTE (Crusher Bob)
The first gun is for GITS, I would guess the second one is too. Seburo MN-23 might give you a hand.

...Sweet mother of GOD, I love that man Shirow... :D :grinbig: :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Nov 27 2003, 03:19 AM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

The first one is a Seburo SMG, a nonexistant gun developed for Manga.

The second one is an assault rifle, probably seburo as well.

Seeing as how they aren't real guns, I'd just give them both thirty round clips, make the SMG 9mm, and the Assault Rifle 5.56mm. Also, give them whatever names you want.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Nov 27 2003, 03:21 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Also, you'd be able to hold the first one quite easily. It appears the gun looks something like this from the top:

____/

With the clip attaching the the forward slash, and the grip being on the straight part, making the gun holdable.

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Nov 27 2003, 03:43 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Voorhees)

Seeing as how they aren't real guns, I'd just give them both thirty round clips, make the SMG 9mm, and the Assault Rifle 5.56mm. Also, give them whatever names you want.

That's one weird SMG. And DUDE. The second one is TINY. Imagine how big your hand is. Imagine holding the gun. It's the size of an SMG...

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Nov 27 2003, 03:46 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (Voorhees)

9mm? Nah. Maybe a 5mm-range ammo. That DOESN'T have a relatively cruddy damage...

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Nov 27 2003, 03:51 AM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

How would you know how big it is? Theres nothing in the picture to reference it against.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Nov 27 2003, 03:52 AM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

9mm? Nah. Maybe a 5mm-range ammo. That DOESN'T have a relatively cruddy damage...

Er, 9mm>5mm.

+Quote Post
Hasaku
post Nov 27 2003, 04:09 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (Voorhees)

Er, 9mm>5mm.

We can make some assumptions about size of the second gun from the magazine. If we assume it's firing NATO standard 5.56mm ammunition, then that is one hell of a small weapon. It's only got a barrel length a little longer than the cartridges fer chrissake! If you're planning to make those with firearm design rules, I'd say max levels of barrel reduction are a must. Does that automatically cause a power and range reduction? If not, slap those on too, beause there's no way those rounds are gonna get up to full speed in that thing or get enough spin to stabilize.

I'd give it maybe 6M base damage, SMG ranges if I'm feeling generous.

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Nov 27 2003, 04:16 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (Voorhees)

Er, 9mm>5mm.

Beats armor, though. But doesn't do quite enough damage to do a nice number on someone. That's why I think the P90 and MP7 are interesting but not useful.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Nov 27 2003, 04:18 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Hmm, I didn't examine the second one too closely. That is a pretty short barrel. I'd agree with the 6M ruling, maybe even shorten the range to SMG or Shotgun plus some meters, or something like that.

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Nov 27 2003, 04:20 AM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

Beats armor, though. But doesn't do quite enough damage to do a nice number on someone. That's why I think the P90 and MP7 are interesting but not useful

These statements are true. Although the P90 fires pretty fast and has a huge clip, so you could rip someone up nice with it.

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Nov 27 2003, 05:39 AM
Post #21

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

IIRC the seburo smg used 4 or 5 mm AP rounds, and was supposed to be one of the few SMGs that was really useful against a combat borg. Dealing with full borgs who don't ahve too many vital parts, don't feel pain, and are armored up is going to be a problem...

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Nov 27 2003, 06:10 AM
Post #22

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

bah. I still prefer my trusty Hydra rocket pods.

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Nov 27 2003, 06:20 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fix-it)
bah. I still prefer my trusty Hydra rocket pods.

:D :grinbig: :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Nov 27 2003, 08:05 AM
Post #24

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

Like people have said, they're real world guns with useless shit put on to make them look kewl. If you really wish to find out what pistol that is under all the crap in the first picture, browse Securityarms.Com for a while, looking at trigger guards and safeties. Anyway, it's a Light Pistol with a sucky concealability and a rather high weight. Yay!

And the 2nd has been pretty much covered already. An M16 with just about everything stripped off, and then some useless crap has been slapped on. It is worth noting that it'd be a lot smaller still if you'd strip the useless crap off (mainly the carrying handle and the wavy rubber fore-end)... Like Hasaku said, 6M and SMG ranges should do it -- too bad all AR carbines are like that already in canon. 2kg would be plenty weight for it, since a La France M16K (which still has the telescopic stock and a slightly longer barrel) weighs 2.5kg.

I do hope that the "Seburo SMG" is not the first one ([Edit]Bah, someone already said it is...[/Edit]), because that sure as hell can't be any combat-borg-killer weapon. A good anti-armor small arm has to be long and heavy. Preferably 600mm+ barrel, enough space behind the magazine (if the first one was an actual weapon, it wouldn't work at all because there's no space for a bolt, let alone a decent recoil spring), etc.

I'd rather use something like Barret M82A2, or some other bullpup, semi-auto, .50BMG rifle, loaded with HEIAP against an opponent with heavy armor and no vital parts. A SMG is truly the wrong tool for the right job.

This post has been edited by Austere Emancipator: Nov 27 2003, 08:11 AM

+Quote Post
Raptor1033
post Nov 27 2003, 08:21 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,370

for the base gun of the second gun go here then click on retail catalog, ar/pcr firearms and kits and it's the OA-98 pistol, second to last on the list.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.