Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Armored Cyber limbs and Hit location
WeaverMount
post Dec 8 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,309

Strength and agility varying on limbs seem fairly straight forward. BBB says use the lowest stat in involved -logical and playable. Armor however is only on stat compiled from all the gear on your person. Is it unbalancing to have each spec of armor add up to that monstrous total? Or does this force us to use a hit location table, and all the complications that arise from that? How do you guys handle it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 8 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I just do it the way the books says (and you describe), and just handwave away any minor inconsistencies.

+Quote Post
MaxMahem
post Dec 8 2007, 01:55 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,097

I take the sum of the armor for all limb locations and divide by 5, rounding normaly. So someone with an Armor 4 cyberarm and cyberleg (total 8) gets 2 bonus points of armor to add to there total. This doesn't work with partial limbs, but I've never had someone try and armor one of those.

-- edit I hate that stupid 8) smiley guy, always shows up when I don't want him.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Dec 8 2007, 02:12 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

it might be worth considering allowing armored partial limbs to add their armor only in melee. they'd basically be built-in shinguards and forearm guards.

+Quote Post
Tarantula
post Dec 8 2007, 04:10 AM
Post #5

Dragon

Member No.: 6,686

By RAW, you add the armor from cyberlimbs directly to the armor total, much like a helmet or a shield.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Dec 8 2007, 04:51 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

Because everyone knows it harder to shoot you in the head when you have artificial legs. :cyber:

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Dec 8 2007, 04:55 AM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 10,386

Yeah, I'd be a bit more comfortable with the heavily abstracted damage resistance rules if they didn't add in things like armor plated cyberhands, protective eye covers and a regeneration ability that can be bypassed by a called shot to the head.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Dec 8 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

actually, the protective eye covers do only protect your eyes.

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Dec 8 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 10,386

That's kind of my point though; bypassing armor and hit locations are highly abstracted in this game yet they put in a few items (like eyeball armor and head shots to stop regeneration) that don't mean anything if you're not aiming for particular areas. It's hardly gamebreaking, but it's also not tidy design, even if eye covers really are just essentially a cosmod.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Dec 8 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

SR is full of things where hit location is important, but they simultaneously deny that it is. For example, taking a panther cannon hit in the shin of your cyber leg isn't going to send you to the hospital, but it's going to cost you serious money.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:22 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.