Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 9 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #2

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

looks as if the weapons would cost more than the actual drone body.
and if that things not spinning around fast enough, it will be a sitting duck, especially in urban fighting.
and look at how frail that things looks!
a good burst from an machine gun should be sufficient to take that thing out.
a grenade will probably easyly topple it over and if it were to hit upon a mine that thing will probably fly almost as far as it can shoot i'd think.
heck, an unarmed man could probably take care of that thing if he can stay out of the firing arc of that thing.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 9 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #3

panda!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,242

yes, but even with that, the cost of putting it back into action is the cost of the spare parts.

and if its totaled, noone will cry and complain. its only a machine after all...

and its only the beginning, they will refine and improve upon them given time...

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 9 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

heck, take one of those smaller tanks and make it so you can remote controll those . . if you want to be sure nobody else will take it over put the instructions into the tanks computer and let it loose . . kinda:"go there, make dead untill you run out of ammo" and then go in and get it back . .

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 9 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #5

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...hehhehheh...

[edt] found the full poster version - the other was a desktop screen

Guns & Robots

:cyber:

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 9 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #6

The ShadowComedian

guns kill people exactly the same as forks are making people fat . .

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 9 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #7

panda!

lets not start a gun debate...

if its one thing this forum dont need its necromancing that topic :P

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 9 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #8

Bushido Cowgirl

...no intention to, just wanted to inject a little humor. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Narse
post Dec 10 2007, 05:19 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,762

QUOTE (hobgoblin)
lets not start a gun debate...

if its one thing this forum dont need its necromancing that topic :P

But I think it is imperative that we answer this most vital of questions!

Which is the better round .40S&W or .45ACP?
:grinbig:

+Quote Post
kzt
post Dec 10 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

We just need to get rid of those obsolete 11.47 mm bullets and go with round numbers, like 9 mm and 10 mm. :P

Actually, given the abstraction in SR the extent the developer and writers go to to try to produce differences between guns is silly. There just isn't any differences that makes sense in SR terms between damage of a .45, a .40, a 10 mm or a 9 mm. They all generally suck at dropping people right now without a head shot and they all can kill you dead with a good hit and they all have low odds of producing a fatal wound with one hit. And they are all better than .25s at both stopping and killing people.

+Quote Post
Ed_209a
post Dec 10 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,128

QUOTE (Narse @ Dec 10 2007, 12:19 AM)
But I think it is imperative that we answer this most vital of questions!

Which is the better round .40S&W or .45ACP?

5.7mm FTW

It's good enough for Sam Fisher, that's good enough for me.

;)

</Cracksmoking>

Anything larger than .380ACP works for me. This is because I would practice practice practice before I trusted my life to any gun. A 9mm to the CNS stops a fight better than a .500S&W Mag to the leg any day.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 10 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #12

The ShadowComedian

.50 BMG

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 10 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #13

Bushido Cowgirl

...nerf rounds. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Caine Hazen
post Dec 10 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #14

MechRigger Delux

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 1,657

Wait, that thing has 2 guns on it.. that breaks the rules... I wanna replace my current dobie with that!!

WAH WAH!!! ;) CHEATER!!! :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Dec 10 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #15

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

QUOTE (Stahlseele)
and if that things not spinning around fast enough, it will be a sitting duck, especially in urban fighting.
a grenade will probably easyly topple it over and if it were to hit upon a mine that thing will probably fly almost as far as it can shoot i'd think.
heck, an unarmed man could probably take care of that thing if he can stay out of the firing arc of that thing.

Um, these things you say are all true of a human soldier as well. But hopefully at least some organizations would consider these to be more expendable.

+Quote Post
Kerris
post Dec 10 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,360

QUOTE (Caine Hazen)
Wait, that thing has 2 guns on it.. that breaks the rules... I wanna replace my current dobie with that!!

WAH WAH!!! ;) CHEATER!!! :grinbig:

Yeah, there's no way that thing has 6 body.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 10 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #17

The ShadowComedian

QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 9 2007, 02:25 PM)

Um, these things you say are all true of a human soldier as well. But hopefully at least some organizations would consider these to be more expendable.

not quite. there's nothing better for urban fighting than a (super)human being.
also: guerilla wars and the such like terrorists will still use humans over machines any day . . 'cause a 500$ Rifle and some days of training with ammo for another 500$ maybe is way more cost efficient than getting one of those things . . 'cause you can get 50 people with that and 50 people are way better than one of those thingies with 2 fixed guns O.o

+Quote Post
Ed_209a
post Dec 10 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,128

QUOTE (Stahlseele)
also: guerrilla wars and the such like terrorists will still use humans over machines any day . . 'cause a 500$ Rifle and some days of training with ammo for another 500$ maybe is way more cost efficient than getting one of those things . . 'cause you can get 50 people with that and 50 people are way better than one of those thingies with 2 fixed guns O.o

That works for terrorists and insurgencies because they don't have life insurance.

Every US serviceman has $300K of life insurance available to him/her. They pay less than 20 dollars a month for it. (or did in '04) You also pay a lot to train them.

Therefore, if losing 5, $50K warbots keeps 1 soldier from dying, you are still $50K ahead.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 10 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #19

panda!

QUOTE (Ed_209a)
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 10 2007, 01:25 PM)
also: guerrilla wars and the such like terrorists will still use humans over machines any day . . 'cause a 500$ Rifle and some days of training with ammo for another 500$ maybe is way more cost efficient than getting one of those things . . 'cause you can get 50 people with that and 50 people are way better than one of those thingies with 2 fixed guns O.o

That works for terrorists and insurgencies because they don't have life insurance.

Every US serviceman has $300K of life insurance available to him/her. They pay less than 20 dollars a month for it. (or did in '04) You also pay a lot to train them.

Therefore, if losing 5, $50K warbots keeps 1 soldier from dying, you are still $50K ahead.

also, you can often salvage the remains of those old bots to get one or more of then back in working order. to some degree you can do that with soldiers to, but not over night in a dusty work shed ;)

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Dec 10 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

QUOTE (Ed_209a)

So what you're saying is that we should get terrorists, drug dealers and other criminals to do the work for us?

Wait, we're already doing that in Afghanistan :)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 10 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #21

panda!

QUOTE (FriendoftheDork)
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Dec 10 2007, 08:28 PM)

So what you're saying is that we should get terrorists, drug dealers and other criminals to do the work for us?

Wait, we're already doing that in Afghanistan :)

and what hell of a job they are doing :silly:

+Quote Post
ludomastro
post Dec 11 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #22

Runner

Member No.: 8,297

I know, for a little more we can add a satellite link to these and then link them all together with a system called Skynet ....

;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:02 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.