IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adept Mentor Spirits, How do you handle them?
Sponge
post Dec 18 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,097

Looking through the Mentor Spirits both in the SR4 main book and in Street Magic, nearly all of them give bonuses to one spell type, and one skill. Adepts, however, never get any spells, but are allowed to have a Mentor Spirit. The book does say that GMs and players should feel free to come up with a Mentor Spirit that's more in line with the character's philosophy, but I imagine that the balance may be hard to get right.

Does anyone have such a character in their game? How do you handle Mentor Spirits for Adepts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Dec 18 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #2

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Some Mentors give bonus to certain skill tests. These might be good if you really want something in exchange for buying that positive quality.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Dec 18 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Bushido Cowgirl

Group: Members
From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...I had an adept with the Trickter Mentor. A very good on in that it adds dice to her Con tests. The GM has also let her apply the +2 bonus for illusion spells it to her willpower roll to resist illusions.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 18 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

i'd probably handle it the same way . . if a totem, ahem, excuse me, MENTOR SPIRIT, choses you as his Pawn, why should he/she/it give you any more power in aspects you simply can not do if it can just chose to give you more power in an aspect you CAN do? i'd probably subtract any pool modifiers for spellcasting either plus and minus and add the remainder on the other aspect that gets a bonus . .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:42 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.