IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you deal with the search power?
sunnyside
post Jan 27 2008, 05:02 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,502

As written, unless you're behind a barrier or under a concealment power all the time of strength twice the force of a spirit someone is willing to summon you are as good as found.

I'm wondering what you or your players do about that to not have them get caught whenever somebody wants them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Jan 27 2008, 05:13 AM
Post #2

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Masks. Disguise skill. Physical Mask spell. If the conjurer doesn't know what you look like then the spirit can't search for you.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Jan 27 2008, 05:16 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 12,442

Well, just speaking of logistics, it takes time for the spirit to find the runner then report back. then by the time the searching party arrives, the runners might very well be gone. additionally, runner could be moving around using nanopaste disguises or something as well. I know my social adept has a melanin control and facial sculpt, i never look the same twice. I can switch it up whenever, whereever. I would definitely be doing that on a hourly basis if my group and I pissed off some powerful people.

+Quote Post
sunnyside
post Jan 27 2008, 05:23 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,502

With the new rules on the spirit master link reporting back isn't such an issue.

Also does the caster have to have seen your face or can they send a spirit after you if they've sighted your aura?

Though disguises would help a lot. I should hint more to my players to use those.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Jan 27 2008, 05:27 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 12,442

Yeah, I mean, you as a GM are always at liberty to make your characters role some sort of common sense check to see if they realize they very well could be hunted for whatever it is that they did. And that it might make sense to lie low for a while or at least disguise themselves if they must travel around. If their fake SINs got flashed, it might be wise to dump them and get new ones as well.

+Quote Post
Demerzel
post Jan 27 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 8,856

QUOTE (sunnyside)
Also does the caster have to have seen your face or can they send a spirit after you if they've sighted your aura?

Search being a physical power not a mana power would seem to be limited to requiring physical descriptions...

+Quote Post
kzt
post Jan 27 2008, 07:49 AM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

It's FM. It doesn't work in any fashion that is susceptible to that kind of manipulation. The spirit just gets a reduction for wards, even though there isn't any way it's going to go through the ward to search for stuff. It just knows the target is there. How, I have no idea. So you don't need much of a "mental image" per the book.

If you want to to work in a more logical way you have to rewrite the power completely. And wards would be a pretty much 100% showstopper then, as they should be.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:38 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.