IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> full cyberlimb conversion, yeah, I know...
djinni
post Jan 29 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,934

how do you guys govern the full cyberlimb conversions?
if someone gets all obvious and alpha ware they have 1 point of essence left.
do you shift their entire physical stats to the cyber versions?
I'm akin to thinking spending of hte physical stats to increase the cyberlimbs instead of nuyen.
but couldn't find any threads about it. if there are let me know the keywords to search for.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Jan 29 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 98

Augmentation includes the ability to essentially purchase entire cyber bodies as parts of packages that include a significant essence discount, and to customize the value of the physical stat up to your racial max. With the only non-cybered part of your body left being some of your organs and your brain, it'd be hard to argue for NOT shifting over to cybered stats.

Honestly, I think it's something that has to be worked out between GM and player, which way you're going to go and which works for your game. By the book, though, you're probably looking at using those cyber stats.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 29 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

wait what?
cyber suite whole bodies? o.O
i must have missed that . . do they take into account such things as EYES and EARS? . . if so, aside from the essence . . where's the difference between one of those and an usual cyber-zombie/Cybork? x.x

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 29 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Yeah, the average of all stats would be calculated without a single natural value becoming part of the equation. And why should I as a GM stop the player in question from leaving natural attributes at 1? Noone pays at chargen for things his char used to have. And a optimised cyborg body does not come cheap.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 29 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

If I was planning to do this with a character, I wouldn't even bother purchasing physical Attributes at all, and just use the cybered Attributes as my own. There are myriad ways of explaining this kind of thing, a few of them even feasible.

+Quote Post
djinni
post Jan 29 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (Fortune)
If I was planning to do this with a character, I wouldn't even bother purchasing physical Attributes at all, and just use the cybered Attributes as my own. There are myriad ways of explaining this kind of thing, a few of them even feasible.

my original comment was if that player purchased physical stats, then they would be added to the stats for the cyberware. instead of purchasing additional ranks via nuyen they could purchase them via attributes.

+Quote Post
lunchbox311
post Jan 29 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,514

Our group ruled that if you do that all the physical stats would be based off of the cyber stats except in one circumstance.

If you were hit by a gas attack you would use your natural body to resist. This meant there was this really nice little weakness to mess with the limbed outs with.

Be careful though, this does lead to incredibly smart super athletes.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 29 2008, 11:40 PM
Post #8

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (djinni)
my original comment was if that player purchased physical stats, then they would be added to the stats for the cyberware. instead of purchasing additional ranks via nuyen they could purchase them via attributes.

Right, but that isn't how it works according to canon. A full cyber-conversion would replace the character's physical Attributes with those of the cyberware. Except of course, in cases such as those pointed out by lunchbox311.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 29 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #9

The ShadowComedian

anybody mind telling me where i am missing those complete cyber body suites again and again? x.x

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 30 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #10

Awakened Asset

You make your own suite.

You take all cyberlimbs possible, max them out, and put them into one alphawared suite.

Effect: Saves money and essence compared to the unbundled limbs.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jan 30 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #11

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 8,314

Ryu, you forgot the step where you convince the GM that it's a good idea to let you do it. =i)

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 30 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #12

Awakened Asset

Oh, I as GM would be pleased. I´d even allow for more ressources, so the body could get some neat gimmicks. 8)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 30 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #13

The ShadowComedian

ok, if one can in fact convice the GM to allow it one can finally play robocop i guess *g*

+Quote Post
djinni
post Jan 30 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (Aaron)
Ryu, you forgot the step where you convince the GM that it's a good idea to let you do it. =i)

and why would they need convincing?

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 30 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #15

Awakened Asset

Technically your GM needs to develop the cyberware suit, keeping in mind that runners are not the intended market for it. Handling it as "GM approval" is already a concession.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.