IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poll: Where do you play? With how many people?
Where and how many.
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 78
Guests cannot vote 
DocTaotsu
post Feb 25 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,601

Me again, because I just gotta know.

Pretty sure we did a demographic one recently so I'll hold off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

My Traditional Tabletop Other is a firehouse and a clinic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eurotroll
post Feb 25 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 13,215

We traditionally play at a random location chosen among our group members' homes. With 8 players plus GM (whose hose is off-limits because his GF likes to have him out of her feet once a week) in our biweekly campaign, that's more than enough choices so we don't end up calling on the same person time and time again.

+Quote Post
Nightwalker450
post Feb 25 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,720

My house is the place, because my wife prefers me being there to help with our daughter in the case that she can't take any more. I put 6 people, because we have 5 (mostly regulars), and there's always a theoretical 6th on the way... I've yet to meet any of them though, but "they'll be here next time..." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Feb 25 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Gaming is at my place, because we have a large enough place to do it, and we've got 2 bookshelves full of books for our various games. Plus, the fireplace behind the GM gives that very awesome "Evil GM" backlighting.

+Quote Post
Tobias
post Feb 25 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,340

I run online on OpenRPG with a fluxtuating group of 3-6 players depending on turn up. Plus I do play in my FLGS at nights when i'm not working ((the joy of the openning hours of 10am-11/12pm on mon-wed)) but that group is very dependent on who's there amongst other things. Also have roleplayed at university but been out of that for a year.

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Feb 25 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Dude they totally need to make an "Evil GM" chair, extra points if it has a joystick in it for control. That'd sit well at the head of my "Ultimate Gaming Table" that has a multi touch monitor built into the center for easy map reference (or sketches from a wacom tablet of some sort) and flatscreen monitors on articulated arms that hold players character sheets and notes.

Er... oh yeah, that's when I become wealthy, in some alternative universe where I finally get off my ass and stop working for the government (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Tobias: FLGS?

+Quote Post
MaxHunter
post Feb 25 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

From: Montevideo, in the elusive shadows of Latin America
Member No.: 7,727

It is a real pleasure now that we are all adults and actually have our own houses to meet there. We usually rotate among the four available houses among players and GM. When I was a teen we had to play at odd locations sometimes...

Top of the list were:

- RPG club, of course.
- a city park (with running children and all)
- a restaurant. (kinda underground, but still they were serving food for normal people there)

Cheers!

Max

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Feb 25 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

I'm simply overjoyed that I will never have to play in a school library again.

+Quote Post
Tobias
post Feb 25 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,340

@DocTaotsu: FLGS (Friendly Local Gaming Store)

+Quote Post
Lionhearted
post Feb 25 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,310

AR overlay gaming table, now that would be something (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Feb 25 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

That would be the most horribly nerdy thing in all the 6 previous worlds...

Wait wait, you all sit around a table and play a virtual tabletop simulator instead of just playing a simsense game like everyone else?

Well yeah! It just feels nice to roll dice, even if their just AR feedback...

+Quote Post
casarez
post Feb 25 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 8,151

My groups meets weekly at my place which is big enough since our group is relatively small. We are new at it though and are still learning the rules.

+Quote Post
Lionhearted
post Feb 25 2008, 05:52 PM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,310

QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Feb 25 2008, 12:17 PM) *
That would be the most horribly nerdy thing in all the 6 previous worlds...

Wait wait, you all sit around a table and play a virtual tabletop simulator instead of just playing a simsense game like everyone else?

Well yeah! It just feels nice to roll dice, even if their just AR feedback...

Mah, I bet AR will be way before simsense. It sure would be a lot easier than drawing battleplans and using miniatures ^^

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Feb 25 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Ah true true... I keep thinking in terms of SR's retrograde tech upgrades (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

MMm... AR minis, that'd be freaking awesome.

+Quote Post
Nightwalker450
post Feb 25 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,720

MMm... AR minis, that'd be freaking awesome.

And yet still the only persona icon I have on my system is the standard issue goblins. So you'll have to remember that this goblin is a sniper, this one is the stripper npc, and this one over here is a cyber troll...

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Feb 25 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #16

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...I don't know, the thought of a 3d animated Short One kind a unnerves me.

...hmmm, DAZ Studio [puppeteer tab], Carrara. no...no...no...that's evil, totally evil....

+Quote Post
Kairo
post Feb 25 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #17

Target

Member No.: 9,060

My group used to play tabletop at a home, but now that everyone has moved away to college and real life jobs, we do our Shadowrun gaming online via message board posting.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Feb 25 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #18

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

we invade the HOUSE of one of the players in my group for gaming purposes *g*
And because he's such a good soul (seriously, he cares for us better than we do for us ourselves, for our next of kin and our pets sometimes O.o) he doesn't even mind most of the time, even if all of us just decide to come over and hang out/party/gaming session/lan party @.@ . .

+Quote Post
Angelone
post Feb 25 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #19

Running Target

Member No.: 7,409

IRL in a barracks room 6-10 people. Online via chat 8ish.

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Feb 26 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #20

Shooting Target

Goddamn that must be a big ass barracks room. We put 4 guys in 1 room (this can only end poorly) and had to open the window and steal a fan, on a cold day.

+Quote Post
Angelone
post Feb 26 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #21

Running Target

Member No.: 7,409

Ehh... not too big actually 10 x 20 about. It gets distressing quick, we get all kinds of fans, max out the ac, and we still need frequent breaks. Especially when someone eats tex-mex. It was actually easier in Korea as our rooms were freaking huge.

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Feb 26 2008, 12:31 AM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

hosted at the GMs(mine) but I am wondering what happened to the days where you bought pizza for the host or GM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Can you still find a "Game Store" with space to RPG? Most of the ones I know bounce you for CCGs at the drop of a hat.

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Feb 26 2008, 12:41 AM
Post #23

Shooting Target

That policy is still allive and well, my group seems to practice "Free Caffienated Beverages" for the GM since we don't really have a house.

Most of the game stores in San Diego still had table space for RPG's... I mean, they have room for warhammer, they have to have room for RPGS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Daier Mune
post Feb 26 2008, 04:01 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,341

Tabletop: Other

one of our runners sort of works at a coffee shop in the city that has a nice basement/bookstore with a big round table. its worked pretty good for us so far. they make a mean cup of joe, too.

+Quote Post
PBTHHHHT
post Feb 26 2008, 04:30 AM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,327

We usually play at this one guy's place, he has the gaming room setup that has room for 6 and it has a bookshelf with all the shadowrun books, modules and adventures (from 1st edition to current), the mini fridge that's fully stocked (I keep offering money but he doesn't care about providing for refreshments), stereo system and tv setup. He also has the security system that's ridiculous and it's all wired into his tv system too so he can have the tv on with the little picture showing the various outside cameras so we know when the pizza guy shows up. He's scared a few of them by opening the door before they got a chance to knock. Heh. This group hovers around 6.

In the other group (non-shadowrun games), it used to be in this one guy's shed in the backyard. We've been gaming in his dining room or at my place instead ever since he got back from Iraq, the shed has become a storage place for his gear instead of gaming central. It has a minifridge, plenty of gaming space for 6, shelves of gaming books and miniatures (the guy has a miniature for almost everything and if someone was playing a unique character, this guy would go and have a custom miniature made and painted for them to use in the game...) This group varies between 5-7 since there are two minigroups of five and five, but with different compositions of 7 people.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:09 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.