> Influence Spell
Kombatmage
post Feb 26 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,711

Hi there,

Just some quick questions from somebody still pretty new to the Shadowrun scene.

What would you say are the limits for the Influence spell?

For example, say you had two gang members standing guard on a prisoner, your mage is looking through the window, checking out the scene. Could he “Influence� one of the gang members to shoot his friend in the head? This of course would give the shooter his resistance roll as stated in the main rules, but is it possible?

If not, and you where using the “Control Thoughts� spell instead, do you use the gang members stats for firing, or you own?

Thanks guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Feb 26 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,601

I think control thought is where you magically rig a human being, I'm not sure what the rules are governing how much shoot shoot you get though.

As to Influence I think you couldn't get one ganger to shoot another. But you could influence the ganger to get into an argument and than influence him again to decided that he needs to shoot his buddy for being a huge twit. I tend to think of it a bit like the classic Jedi Mind Trick. "These are not the droids you're looking for." made shadowrun as "You are not very interested in checking the trunk." "There is a perfectly good reason why I am covered in blood."

Influence=A Stronge Suggestion
Control Thoughts=A Compelling Command. or total control.

And welcome to Dumpshock! Mind the dragon arguments, it gets ugly in there.

+Quote Post
Particle_Beam
post Feb 26 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,909

QUOTE (Kombatmage @ Feb 26 2008, 12:53 PM) *
If not, and you where using the “Control Thoughts� spell instead, do you use the gang members stats for firing, or you own?
If you use the control thoughts-spell, you use the stats of the ganger (although, it's rather the game master who would use the stats for determining the performance of the ganger).

+Quote Post
Kombatmage
post Feb 26 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 15,711

Thanks for that.

Both questions answered perfectly. (and quick too)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 08:18 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.