Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pirate Trid organizations?
Negalith
post Mar 2 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,032

I’m very interested in Shadowrun’s Pirate Trid organizations, but can’t find much about them in the current edition rule books. Does anybody have any information about how there organized, how they conduct business, how there funded, Are there any well known ones in the literature, what are there agendas … stuff like that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Mar 2 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #2

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

To clarify, have you read Cyberpirates? Its helpful to know what you do know, since you said you were looking for "current rules". I don't think they've expanded on anything there yet. Hopefully Gingerbread man is dead now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Mar 2 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

I think he's looking for info on pirate trid media, not pirates.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 2 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #4

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

I kinda feel this is covered by the Blogger contact.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Mar 2 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #5

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Mar 2 2008, 01:02 PM) *
I think he's looking for info on pirate trid media, not pirates.

doh *head smack*. New resolution - No more posting without sleep.

+Quote Post
martindv
post Mar 3 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,611

QUOTE (Negalith @ Mar 2 2008, 11:01 AM) *
I’m very interested in Shadowrun’s Pirate Trid organizations, but can’t find much about them in the current edition rule books. Does anybody have any information about how there organized, how they conduct business, how there funded, Are there any well known ones in the literature, what are there agendas … stuff like that.

They haven't been covered since Shadowbeat. God knows why.

QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Mar 2 2008, 12:00 PM) *
Hopefully Gingerbread man is dead now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Something is very wrong with you.

QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Mar 2 2008, 12:17 PM) *
I kinda feel this is covered by the Blogger contact.

Sure, since it covers how they're organized, how they conduct business, how they are funded, (in)famous ones, rules, agendas.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 4 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #7

Beetle Eater

QUOTE (martindv @ Mar 3 2008, 11:47 AM) *
Sure, since it covers how they're organized, how they conduct business, how they are funded, (in)famous ones, rules, agendas.
Yeah, sort of, as they are based on blogging culture: they're mostly independent, conduct "business" via their commlinks and blog groups, and are mostly not funded (except perhaps buy selling Spam space); they have a plethora of agendas and follow normal contact rules. It doesn't list a bunch of famous ones, true, though there was that freelance journalist in Emergence, who sort of fits the bill.

+Quote Post
martindv
post Mar 4 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,611

The fact remains, the info about said Contact in the SR4 book is meaningless to the OP's question.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 4 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #9

Beetle Eater

QUOTE (martindv @ Mar 4 2008, 03:07 PM) *
The fact remains, the info about said Contact in the SR4 book is meaningless to the OP's question.
I don't think so; I think it it indicated a replacement all previous concepts about trid priates organizations (which were based on pirate radio) with the modern organization of blogging groups and webcasting. Thus, the contact (which is even called a trid pirate in the notes) invalidates most of the question.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:21 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.