Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Contact Critique
Negalith
post Mar 2 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,032

These are 5 of my 10 contacts for a face / fixer type character. Please give me some feedback.

Kraus Krieg (3/1)- Kraus is a troll that runs an underground black market shop. Technically speaking he owns and operates a legitimate automotive repair shop. Beneath this shop Krieg has a secret show room and several workshops where he and a few trusted partners modify weapons, armor and other gear there is demand for on the streets. Over the years he has developed quite the personal network of people who buy and sell illegal gear. People he knows and trusts can come to him to pick up specialty products, sell off unwanted goods and even contract out custom work.

Tony Aldo (3/2)- Tony is a Mafia made man. He primarily functions as a bookie and a loan shark. He has a few soldiers under him that serve as enforcers and leg breakers. Tony is also solidly tapped into the illegal underground vice culture of Seattle. When it comes to prostitution, gambling, drugs, BTLs and other forbidden pleasures, Tony know who’s doing what .

James Tennor (3/3)- James began his professional life as a meteorologist working his way up Horizon corp trid stations. Eventually he fond himself serving more as their science reporter then eventually the technology journalist. Today James has the difficult job of attending every state of the art tech convention and trade show, schmoozing with R&D directors and sharing with his audience all the great new gadgets that that will be hitting the stores any day now. When a company has a new consumer electronic device to market, James is one of the first to get a free sample and a phone call. James and Alex meet years ago working out of the same studio. To this day they still have talks about several areas of shared interest.

Cheryl Whecht- (2/3)- Cheryl is an account manager at a large Seattle based crime lab. For a little extra money on the side, she has access to information about what tests are being ordered by what organizations, as well as the results being sent back. She is also willing to sell the lab’s services to myself and other connected individuals in the name of small own police departments and such as long as you’re willing to pay for the testing and a cut for her as well. Cheryl is a former girlfriend of Alex, and remains on good terms with him still even though she is happily married.

Alderman Blackwell (4/2)- Alderman Blackwell is one of the more radical, activist and colorful of Seattle’s city counsel. He represents an impoverished ward and frequently feels that the people he represents are being neglected. Alderman Blackwell is fast to run to any media source that will listen when he feels there is a scandal at city hall or some other “unfair� legislation in the works. Over the years, Blackwell has come to think of Alex as at least impartial and is happy to give his insights about the injustices and inside political maneuvering that go on surrounding legislative session.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Mar 2 2008, 05:07 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

I like them, and, with your permission, I'd like to "borrow" them for my own games. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Siege
post Mar 2 2008, 05:12 PM
Post #3

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

Good stuff - you might consider adding a blurb for the others indicating nature of relationship and connection. Professional? Personal? Buddies? Business only?

-Siege

+Quote Post
Insomnia Strikes...
post Mar 2 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 15,672

I would imagine some one who "Over the years he has developed quite the personal network of people who buy and sell illegal gear" would have a higher connection rating than a 1.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Mar 2 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

I'm thinkin' he set it up as Conn/Loyalty, rather than the other way around. Only way that made sense to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Negalith
post Mar 2 2008, 05:55 PM
Post #6

Target

Bib.. feel free to use anything you like...

Yes, it is (connection / loyalty)

+Quote Post
Insomnia Strikes...
post Mar 2 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 15,672

That does make a lot more sense that way, very well done.

I like the suggestion of noting somewhere if these are personal friends or professional associates.

+Quote Post
Negalith
post Mar 2 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #8

Target

Actually... I plan on that soon…. I have another connection still to write up that was the guy who made several original introductions. Once I have him done, I can flesh out more on some of these.

+Quote Post
jago668
post Mar 2 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,212

I was always partial to the (2/6) human bartender named Bob. Course when I run shadowrun all bartenders are human and named Bob, even if they are female.

+Quote Post
Method
post Mar 2 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #10

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

Funny. My old group had a semi-retired merc turned bartender named Bob. He was an ork though.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Mar 2 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

I name all bartenders Mac. They grunt a lot for communication, run neutral areas for all sorts of people and for some reason EVERYONE knows not to start crap in his bar.

+Quote Post
jago668
post Mar 2 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,212

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Mar 2 2008, 07:43 PM) *
I name all bartenders Mac. They grunt a lot for communication, run neutral areas for all sorts of people and for some reason EVERYONE knows not to start crap in his bar.

Well in mine there is a bartender corp/union/college thing. So if you mess with one they will all go on strike until the problem is resolved. It is surprising how quickly problems disappear when you cut off peoples booze.

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Mar 3 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #13

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

QUOTE (jago668 @ Mar 2 2008, 06:48 PM) *
Well in mine there is a bartender corp/union/college thing. So if you mess with one they will all go on strike until the problem is resolved. It is surprising how quickly problems disappear when you cut off peoples booze.

And it's amazing how quickly other problems will start to crop up...

+Quote Post
Siege
post Mar 3 2008, 02:40 AM
Post #14

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

Overlapping contacts are never a bad idea - knowing an extra street doc or hacker can come in quite useful from time to time.

-Siege

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.