Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bike Ganger, Character Critique
klinktastic
post Mar 4 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,442

This is my flashy biker/ganger, maybe a a semi-pro combat biker who's looking to make extra money running on the side. He's cocky and charismatic. I have a rough sketch, but I want some imput as to how to improve him.

Ork
B: 7
A: 3 (5)
R: 5 (9)
S: 3
C: 4
I: 3
L: 3
W: 5

Edge: 5
Essense: 1.55

Qualities:
First Impression
Sinner Criminal
Spirit bane: task
Incompentent: (something)
Addiction, mild, cram
allergy, mild, unc seafood

Skills:
Athletics Group 4
Influence Group 4
Automatics: 4
Pilot Groundcraft: 4
Perception: 1
Inflitrate: 1

Knowledge:
English: N
Latin: 3
Combat Bike Info: 4
Gangs: 3
Racing Odds: 1
Street Drugs: 3
Smuggling Routes: 3

'Ware
Move-by-wire 1
Expert skillwire system
Reaction enhancers 2
Muscle toner 2
Sythnacardium 3
Dareadrenaline
Zeiss Sensation Line Sutie

Equipment:
Ingram smartgun
Form fitting half suit
Bike Racer armor
Bike Racer helmet
Commlink (4's and 3's)
Trodes
Empathy software
Respirator rating 6

Basically he's a crazy, risk taking, fast living face who doesn't have to be a ganger, but that's how I'm picturing him. What do you guys think I can do to improve him? Would it better to make him as an adept with less ware? What other ware should I have or drop? Oh yeah, I have 13 BPs left too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Mar 4 2008, 04:05 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 12,328

You don;t have (Dodge / Unarmed Combat + Gymnastics) and should correct that situation. Probably with Dodge if your GM uses the FAQ, otherwise it could go either way! (Unless you are planning to slot those skills)

+Quote Post
Chrome Tiger
post Mar 4 2008, 04:43 AM
Post #3

Shiny Metal Kitty Head

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 146

QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Mar 3 2008, 11:05 PM) *
You don;t have (Dodge / Unarmed Combat + Gymnastics) and should correct that situation. Probably with Dodge if your GM uses the FAQ, otherwise it could go either way! (Unless you are planning to slot those skills)

I agree with the Dodge assessment. I would also give him at least a basic skill in mechanics. Nearly every motorcyclist I know (including myself) knows how to perform at least rudimentary repairs on their bikes. Could come in handy when that stray bullet tinks a chunk of your fairing into your gas line while beating a hasty retreat from a run.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Mar 4 2008, 06:13 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 12,442

So could I get those at rating 2 with skillsofts on my move-by-wire?

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Mar 4 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 769

Does he own a bike? Might come in handy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

He seems to be a little short on skills just in general. You're attributes are all fairly good which is a fair enough but if you wanted a greater variety of skills you could probably free up some BP's by dropping your charisma, willpower and agility by a point each. I always find it frustrating to get a few sessions into a campaign only to start wishing that I had this or that skill. I know it's more 'efficient' to raise skills with karma rather than BP's so it's more just preference on my part.

You probably don't really need the Influence group either. Unless you see yourself using all 4 skills fairly regularly you'd probably be better off picking one or two ettiquite or negotiation for example and set them at rating 4.

+Quote Post
Shinobi Killfist
post Mar 4 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 5,872

without seeing more of the background its hard to say so this is just a first impression. But he seems to have a lot of ware for a ganger/biker. Maybe as a semi pro combat biker it works, but still if I were GMing I'd want a good story for the ware given a ganger background.

I really dig the rest of the character though the skill set seems to fit the character very well. I'd probably add specialization bikes for ground vehicles though.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Mar 4 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #7

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Why does he speak Latin?

Spirit bane for a mundane always seems like an attempt to get BP for free.

The 'ware is too much for a ganger, I'd go with the combat biker-background. And buy him a bike, along with the specialization bikes for Pilot Ground Craft.

Overall this character looks like the attempt of a jack-of-all-trades.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:21 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.