Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Incredibly Obscure Notes, Because if I write it down, I'll remember it
Ancient History
post Mar 5 2008, 05:02 AM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,935

To VisionCrafters, I leave the sum of 20 million nuyen for research into advanced optics.

Possible first use was in Steve Kenson's short (and non-canon) 2nd edition adventure Survival of the Fittest-no connection to the campaign of the same name.

I leave 100,000 nuyen for each of the following people to be rescued from the Chicago Containment Zone: James Delany, Dr. Edward Oden, Gregory Armtwister, Protacio Corcoran, Katherine Sitsu and Sissel McCarthy.

Gregory Armtwister is the owner of the Big Rhino ork restaurant in Seattle. Or was.

To Dr. Alan Gordon, I leave my First Folio edition of Al Azif. Use it well, when and if you must.

I keep forgetting to add this, but I'm pretty sure he came from here.

To Inazo Aneki of Renraku, I leave the Seal of the Green Gloves, which will permit you or your proxy to enter Tibet. Use your time there as you will, but do not abuse the privilege or you will suffer for your misdeeds.

There's a story, probably entirely fictional, that one of Hitler's expeditions to Tibet came back with a sorcerer known only as the Man with Green Gloves. Connection? Maybe.

To Manadyne Corporation, I leave the sum of 80 million nuyen to further their magical research in accordance with our standing agreement.

To the best of my knowledge, the Manadyne Corp. was first mentioned in Steve Kenson's article Zauberpunk, which was basically updating GURPS Technomancer to a cyberpunk setting.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jmecha
post Mar 5 2008, 05:07 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 12,339

wow

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Mar 5 2008, 05:24 AM
Post #3

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Yeah, the man's a bit of a fan of the SR universe. A real boon for folks like me who want to look stuff up from time to time (assuming he's updated his site, of course).

+Quote Post
CircuitBoyBlue
post Mar 5 2008, 05:43 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,215

And here I was hoping the thread would be about all the cryptic sentence fragments we find on our gaming notebooks we haven't used in years.

"'God wants you to put your arm around the other guy?' When did I write this? Why would I have written it? What the hell were we doing?"

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Mar 5 2008, 06:57 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 769

QUOTE (jmecha @ Mar 4 2008, 10:07 PM) *
wow

Yeah, if you ever have a day or so to kill (sick in bed worked for me) pop over to the ancient files and read them... all. The Annotated Azlan sourcebook is particularly cool.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Mar 5 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

I'll get to the update, I'll get to it. Been a little busy with the freelancin' thing.

+Quote Post
It trolls!
post Mar 5 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,049

Wow, I was close to PMing you if there were any recent updates to Dunkie's Will. Guess, you're still maintaining it then. Thanks man!

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Mar 5 2008, 03:32 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

AH and his files have been a HUGE part of my personal SR obsession. The man deserves his own holiday!
Love reading Ancient files and seeing time and again stuff that I've mulled around in my own head but really did'nt have anyone to discuss it with or who could appreciate it. KUDOS to AH

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Mar 5 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #9

Mr. Johnson

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Mar 5 2008, 08:22 AM) *
I'll get to the update, I'll get to it. Been a little busy with the freelancin' thing.

Priorities, man! What are you doing working on things for which you get paid when you could be doing things for us for free? =i)

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Mar 5 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

QUOTE (Aaron @ Mar 5 2008, 02:44 PM) *
Priorities, man! What are you doing working on things for which you get paid when you could be doing things for us for free? =i)

I would say "Hush, you..." except that you're practicing what you preach... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/twirl.gif)

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Mar 6 2008, 01:07 AM
Post #11

Mr. Johnson

QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Mar 5 2008, 01:50 PM) *
I would say "Hush, you..." except that you're practicing what you preach... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/twirl.gif)

For some of my stuff, I've been paid. Nothing on my website, of course. But the Missions adventure I wrote plus my time at Gen Con (mostly the Scramble) got me enough BattleCorp cred to get my brother something nifty for Christmas, so I imagine that counts.

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Mar 6 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #12

Running Target

QUOTE (Aaron @ Mar 5 2008, 08:07 PM) *
For some of my stuff, I've been paid. Nothing on my website, of course. But the Missions adventure I wrote plus my time at Gen Con (mostly the Scramble) got me enough BattleCorp cred to get my brother something nifty for Christmas, so I imagine that counts.

Well, I'll be using "Born To Die" at SIMCON, so I have to say thank you for that. (The funny thing is, I was determining which pregens I would provide for which modules and decided that I would use Rifleman's Synthetic as the Face for that run... and then realized, later, the thematic implications (IMG:style_emoticons/default/vegm.gif) )

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Mar 6 2008, 04:44 AM
Post #13

Mr. Johnson

QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Mar 5 2008, 08:20 PM) *
Well, I'll be using "Born To Die" at SIMCON, so I have to say thank you for that. (The funny thing is, I was determining which pregens I would provide for which modules and decided that I would use Rifleman's Synthetic as the Face for that run... and then realized, later, the thematic implications (IMG:style_emoticons/default/vegm.gif) )

Heh, yeah, Synthetic works for the theme; nice find. And I'm glad you're finding "Born to Die" useful; I, for one, would be interested in hearing about how it goes. And congrats on SIMCON making it to the big 3-0.

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Mar 6 2008, 05:23 AM
Post #14

Running Target

QUOTE (Aaron @ Mar 5 2008, 11:44 PM) *
Heh, yeah, Synthetic works for the theme; nice find. And I'm glad you're finding "Born to Die" useful; I, for one, would be interested in hearing about how it goes. And congrats on SIMCON making it to the big 3-0.

I just started randomly cackling when I realized that thematic link; I hope I get someone that really gets into character for that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

And I will have a con report available for general perusal after the convention is over.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:23 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.