Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three questions
MadPiper
post Mar 11 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,749

I just have three simple questions I think. One, where is a good place to find a magician character sheet for 4th? I have found a few, but they have all lacked spell slots or they lacked preprinted spells from street magic. Second question, if I use shapechange(4th ed), does that mean that I will basically end up naked all the time just for using it to get around? Third question, where is a good place to get some inspiration for making my own tradition? I have street magic ordered and on the way, but I want to know if there are other examples out there for me to browse over. Thanks everyone!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
streetangelj
post Mar 11 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 11,993

Yes Shapechange is gonna leave you naked. If you try searching the Forum archives there's a good chance you'll come across all sorts of traditions.

+Quote Post
Malicant
post Mar 11 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 7,520

I personally like those sheets here. The Mintcar sheets, to be precise.

Yes, shapeshange is the butt naked spell of choice.

And a good inspirtaion for Traditions is... anything, actually. RL magical traditions, philosophies and religions are the first inspirations that come to mind. Street Magic has a lot traditions ready for use in it.

+Quote Post
Cadmus
post Mar 11 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,304

Shape change can be a very handy spell...and yup as the others said...naked as a J bird..which you can change into as well.

*sings off key* BORN TO BE FREEEEEEEEE

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Mar 11 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #5

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

Don't miss out on the conversion of Wordman's old sheets from SR3 that you can find in this thread. I really need to link them from my page, too.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 11 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

There was an old (SR1 or 2) scenario (Ivy and Chrome?) that included a modified Shapechange spell that allowed the prepubescent girls at the school to use the spell and still maintain their um ... dignity. You might look into that.

+Quote Post
MadPiper
post Mar 12 2008, 03:24 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 15,749

I really like those sheets Malicant. Now if they just had more then 9 spell slots I could use it. So... close. Really sad, I love the style of them.

So I will be naked all the time, so... I definetly need physical mask to give myself cloths, or well, at least to look like i'm wearing cloths. I was hoping it only counted for armor and equipment, not just regular non-stat changing cloths, but ah well. I guess I will be a mage that acts like a shammy.

This might be a dumb question, but is there a percentage chart for dice rolls out there somewhere too?

+Quote Post
b1ffov3rfl0w
post Mar 12 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,329

QUOTE (MadPiper @ Mar 11 2008, 10:24 PM) *
So I will be naked all the time, so... I definetly need physical mask to give myself cloths, or well, at least to look like i'm wearing cloths. I was hoping it only counted for armor and equipment, not just regular non-stat changing cloths, but ah well. I guess I will be a mage that acts like a shammy.

So get a little carry-on-sized wooden cask, stuff a change of clothes and your ID into it, and turn yourself into a St Bernard.

+Quote Post
Cain
post Mar 12 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #9

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

Carry a set of 5-nuyen flats in a bag around your neck, and then cast Fashion on them as needed.

+Quote Post
nathanross
post Mar 12 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,845

QUOTE (Cain @ Mar 12 2008, 02:29 AM) *
Carry a set of 5-nuyen flats in a bag around your neck, and then cast Fashion on them as needed.

Hey! That is a damn good idea. No more spending money on clothes for mages. Buy flats make tres chic suits. Sweet!

+Quote Post
Crusher Bob
post Mar 12 2008, 09:16 AM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 4,253

Note that you can always have stuff specifically made for your shaped changed form. Really like to turn into a rhino and run people down? Get some kevlar + spectra barding made and have a buddy help you into it once you change. Strap some heavy weapons to your back with a trigger pad you hold in your mouth while you are at it, you just use agents to fire them. Nothing says welcome to the sixth world quite like a power ball casting, levitating, heavily armored rhinoceros with a pair of auto tracking LMGs strapped to its back.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:52 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.