IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Effecient ways to kill SR4 Cyberzombies, Lowest 'cost', highest chance of success
ToreadorVampire
post Mar 11 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,650

And following on from my last post:

"What do people think are the 'best' ways of tacking new SR4 cyberzombies?"

Assume you have a fair bit of warning about it, and some time to plan (IE: You're out hunting it, it hasn't just jumped on you out of the blue).

• Spellcasting at it is difficult because of its background count
  • Straight combat is out because it's rock solid and will outlcass any (living) street sam with its mods and firepower
  • Phys Adepts (especially melee ones) are almost helpless against it as they sit in its background count and deflate

The only ways I have managed to think of:

• Get a rigger with a big attack helicopter, and mounted rocket launcher ... in fact, why not five of them in case it blasts the first out of the sky. Then fire rockets at it until it stops moving, then check it's dead by firing a few more rockets at it
  • Get a good hacker or technomancer to break in and screw with its reality simulators, make it go crazy and kill itself

Any other effecient ways/comments anyone can think of? This is purely for academic purposes by the way ... I'm not preparing (right now) to send a cyberzombie against my team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

The hacking method is the "lowest cost" one I can think of, since just throwing huge vehicles and high-powered weapons at it until it falls over if a bit of an expensive thing to do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Malicant
post Mar 11 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 7,520

Using a huge gun killing the sucker with the first action. Viable tactic for everything, actually (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm totally lazy, so I won't start crunching numbers on this right now.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Mar 11 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #3

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

Nuke the place from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smokin.gif)

+Quote Post
Cadmus
post Mar 11 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,304

you mentioned huge vehicles and I agree with that one. a bored rigger and or decker..er hacker and a riged cement truck? but then i'm more teh mass transit type so a local city bus...or maybe a few taxi cabs... and if that dosn't work theirs always the good old fashioned sniper ambush with ADPS again a rigger type job or some street sams all about 400+ metters away, or for ambushing fun. Command det Land mines. becouse if you want to show you truly care about the well being of your target then nothing says I love you please stay dead like good planing,effort,care,love and HE shape charges and claymores.

And dash posted before I could so heres an edit...damn it using a good movie quote before me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif) hehehe

+Quote Post
Malicant
post Mar 11 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #5

Running Target

QUOTE (Dashifen @ Mar 11 2008, 10:26 PM) *
Nuke the place from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

smokin.gif

But not before paralysing and confusing him with nu-disco tunes, followed by a retreat to safty, of course.

This thread is going to be great. Sorry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
ToreadorVampire
post Mar 11 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #6

Target

QUOTE (Cadmus @ Mar 11 2008, 09:28 PM) *
theirs always the good old fashioned sniper ambush with ADPS again a rigger type job or some street sams all about 400+ metters away

True, but you have to expect a cyberzombie to have maxxed out ears, eyes and everything, so the first hit alerts it to your location (if it hadn't spotted you already), then they just approach you real quick and take you out.

The only combat scenarios I could think of as viable are ones where the attacking thing is hardier than the cyberzombie itself (which is going to have 6 points or more of hardened armour, plus whatever sheathing/orthoskin/plating/worn armour up the wazoo)

Attacking it on foot is going to be really risky!

+Quote Post
fatal2ty
post Mar 11 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 12,214

shoot them in the face with a tank

+Quote Post
Malicant
post Mar 11 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Ask Mr. Lucky to Longshot him in the face. With a minigun, or something. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Mar 11 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

The Hacker way would not work because I can see the Zombie turning off it's wireless connection and then "turning off" the Hacker for the attempt. No, the best way to take out a Cyberzombie is to hit it with a team of sammies. You'll lose a few, but honestly that's the only way I can see to take one down with the "lowest cost". Vehicles... not really because the Zombie has his own heavy weapons and he might be able to destroy the vehicle before it cacks him.

Another way occured to me... Air Spirits. Summon them and have them lift the Zombie about 30,000 feet in the air and let him drop. While he's coming down, shoot him with sniper rifles ("Pull!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ), rinse and repeat until it stops moving... and then shoot it in the head with shotguns until the head disappears.

+Quote Post
fatal2ty
post Mar 11 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #10

Target

heres a thought, lure it to a nuclear bomb shelter, lock it in and don't worry about it anymore

+Quote Post
ToreadorVampire
post Mar 11 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #11

Target

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 11 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Another way occured to me... Air Spirits.

And as soon as the air spirit approaches the cyberzombie it's inside its area of background count, and loses force equal to the zombie's negative essence, which will either deflate the spirit to the point at which the zombie can one-hit-kill it with a blow from spurs, or might even destroy the spirit before it reaches the zombie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif)

OK - a huge huge spirit, maybe - but you'll need in excess of force 6 I think ...

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Mar 11 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,753

The simple solution is 2 pistols..
..1 loaded with paintball shells containing some form of acid, the other containing whatever you like.

Just apply liberally, and watch them no longer be a problem.

I suppose paintball shells loaded with DMSO + something fun will do just as well

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Mar 11 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 11 2008, 09:46 PM) *
Another way occured to me... Air Spirits. Summon them and have them lift the Zombie about 30,000 feet in the air and let him drop. While he's coming down, shoot him with sniper rifles ("Pull!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ), rinse and repeat until it stops moving... and then shoot it in the head with shotguns until the head disappears.

Use the Air Spirit to suck out all the air in his vicinity [or use a water based Spirit to drown him]

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Mar 11 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

From: Metaplane GEPLK136 (The one with the lizards. You remember the lizards, don't you?)
Member No.: 7,684

Lure it to the junkyard, pick it up with that magnetic crane, and drop it in a car crusher. One conveniently ringed with a large quantity of explosives, and filled with acid (unless lava is conveniently available.)

shoot them in the face with a tank

All right guys, this will take precision timing. I've got the tank loaded into the steam catapult. As soon as it hits the zombie in the face, decker, I want you to fire the main gun...

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Mar 11 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

From: Metaplane GEPLK136 (The one with the lizards. You remember the lizards, don't you?)

QUOTE (Synner667 @ Mar 11 2008, 04:55 PM) *
Use the Air Spirit to suck out all the air in his vicinity [or use a water based Spirit to drown him]

Any cyberzombie worth his billion nuyen pricetag should have an internal air tank and Oxyrush nanites.

+Quote Post
Larme
post Mar 11 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,430

I think biological warfare would probably be the easiest way to kill a cyberzombie -- they have got to have really crappy immune systems!

Also, if you could hack their PAN and turn off their invoked memory stimulator, they'd kill themselves by forgetting to eat and take their meds.

A booby trapped jaberwocky rocket (think roadside bomb) could disable the zombie's ware (if they still work how they did in SR3 anyway) and make him as helpless as a zombified baby.

In fact, booby traps in general would probably be the best idea -- if they're well hidden, the zombie won't see them, and boom! There is no defense test against a bomb (since there's no attack test, right?), and they can easily do enough damage to blow right through a cyberzombie's body and armor.

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Mar 11 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #17

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Step 1: Astrally Project
Step 2: Fly over its head.
Step 3: Cast Mana Bolts down into its Background Count repeatedly until it dies.

Seriously. Cyberzombies are fast, tough, and brutally effective, and they can fit astral enemies with their unarmed combat. But astral opponents can attack them (however ineffectually), in ranged combat. That's a problem.

Cyberzombies need astral cover or to stay in enclosed spaces where they can avoid line of sight from projecting hostile mages.

-Frank

+Quote Post
fatal2ty
post Mar 11 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #18

Target

ok, heres a theory i just thought of

being that Cyberzombies are created by magically forcing the spirit to remain in the body, couldn't you hire a team of mages to release the spirit? reverse whatever incantation is used to create said zombie, if the spirit leaves the body, you're left with a corpse

+Quote Post
ToreadorVampire
post Mar 11 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #19

Target

QUOTE (Feshy @ Mar 11 2008, 09:58 PM) *
All right guys, this will take precision timing. I've got the tank loaded into the steam catapult. As soon as it hits the zombie in the face, decker, I want you to fire the main gun...

*falls off his chair laughing*
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Mar 11 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (Feshy @ Mar 11 2008, 09:59 PM) *
Any cyberzombie worth his billion nuyen pricetag should have an internal air tank and Oxyrush nanites.

I know..
..But who can last longer, internal air or water spirit ?

+Quote Post
cryptoknight
post Mar 11 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,735

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Mar 11 2008, 03:46 PM) *
The Hacker way would not work because I can see the Zombie turning off it's wireless connection and then "turning off" the Hacker for the attempt. No, the best way to take out a Cyberzombie is to hit it with a team of sammies. You'll lose a few, but honestly that's the only way I can see to take one down with the "lowest cost". Vehicles... not really because the Zombie has his own heavy weapons and he might be able to destroy the vehicle before it cacks him.

Better to have the air spirits pick up a train and drop it from a very high altitude onto said cyberzombie... that way they can avoid the background count.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Mar 11 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #22

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

shape earth, bury it, you circumwent the most trouble of having to cast at the actual zombie, and if he's burried and you shape the earth into solid stuff you can be pretty sure that he won't get out . . else, use levitate to drop him from freaking high in the air down to the ground, falling damage still hurts them pretty much i'd wager . . or drop something heavy ON him . . else, Troll-Bows as they do not get the HARDENED Armor Cyborks get i think . . but i am not sure about that . . turn to goo? petrify?

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Mar 11 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (Synner667 @ Mar 11 2008, 05:20 PM) *
I know..
..But who can last longer, internal air or water spirit ?

Internal air lasts two hours. An air spirit using engulf is in melee range with the cyberzombie, who is dual natured (and thus immunity to natural weapons does not apply), and is reduced in force by the cyberzombie's negative essence.

I'm betting two hours is the longer of the two times, unless that spirit is very high force indeed.

I suppose something could be said for greatform spirits. LOS engulf could avoid the combat and background count.

"Okay guys, I've sicked the spirit on him. Now all we have to do is keep him from killing us or going indoors for two more hours... unless he has another tank of air on him...

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Mar 11 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Yes, you're quite right [I forgot about this negative essence thing].

I'm back to the paintball guns loaded with acid, then

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Mar 11 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #25

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

same way you kill everything in shadowrun. seriously, it's not very hard to take out anything in this game. just shoot it until it dies.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:04 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.