Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corrosives for fun and profit!
Prime Mover
post Mar 14 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Acid rated 1-6 for damage, what about amounts? If hit you three times with a certain amount of rating 3 acid do the elemental effects stack? What about damage? What if I'm hit by a large amount all at once. What if I spray something down with smart corrosives do I simply do rating damage when it activates regardless of applications?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apollo124
post Mar 14 2008, 03:45 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,246

I don't know if it's raw, but logically, if you add a similar amount of a higher or lower rated acid to the mix, I would think you raise or lower the damage of the acid by half the difference of the two ratings (example: rating 4 acid added to rating 6 would act as a rating 5 acid, and rating 4 acid added to rating 2 acid would act like a rating 3).

Edit: Bear in mind this only applies if you are mixing different strengths of the same acid. If you are mixing different acids, it may have a different reaction. "Acid burning" is actually a chemical interaction between the acid and whatever material it is interacting with.

+Quote Post
Nightwalker450
post Mar 14 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,720

Amount of Acid might increase the speed at which it deals damage, but the damage would not be increased... I'm pretty sure this isn't in the rules, but sounds like a good ruling.

Since it covers more area its going to act at a faster rate, a quarter inch layer covering an entire vehicle, will do much more than a 12 inch thick layer sitting on the hood.

So for damage resistance nothing changes, but would up the frequency of the tests (or lower the time needed to eat through something).

I'd agree with apollo on the mixing of ratings of acid. Either to Dillute or Increase the potency of the acids.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Mar 14 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Beyond the corrisives issue also bio/chemical/drug reactions with multiple doses. Now thought there was an optional rule somewere for multi dosing but now I can't find it.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Mar 14 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Nightwalker450 @ Mar 14 2008, 10:53 AM) *
Amount of Acid might increase the speed at which it deals damage, but the damage would not be increased... I'm pretty sure this isn't in the rules, but sounds like a good ruling.

Since it covers more area its going to act at a faster rate, a quarter inch layer covering an entire vehicle, will do much more than a 12 inch thick layer sitting on the hood.

So for damage resistance nothing changes, but would up the frequency of the tests (or lower the time needed to eat through something).

I'd agree with apollo on the mixing of ratings of acid. Either to Dillute or Increase the potency of the acids.

Problem here is simply one squirt that hits my hand at rating 3 will burn my hand badly. Now I fall into a vat of rating 3 acid and my entire body is badly burned. That would'nt cause more damage?

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Mar 14 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Ok found rules for overdosing with drugs, extra box of damage every (body) doses. Could do something similar for acid extra point damage per dose.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Mar 14 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #7

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...now you got me going back to my Secondary School Chem Class days. Logic would say that it would step up like explosives do (the more you use the bigger the bang) but then we are talking about game effects here. As to reacting any faster, that is an inherent quality of the acid itself. I would say it would prolong the contact interval (requiring additional tests) for every unit used.

BTW I love the title of the thread.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Mar 14 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Could be profitable, team hired to surround and "squirt" the subject in public place with smart corrosives type chemical. Looks like a poor taste practical joke as target in his 2,000 nuyen suit is soaked but otherwise unharmed. 10 minutes later on the cab ride home.......

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Mar 14 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Found and reread what I was looking for, concentration rules under toxins also used with pathogens as per Augmentation.

Following this loose guideline power of attack could be increased. Now I then broke down a round of attacks. If I get hit by 3 darts in same IP (or seperate IP's) each dosing me with neurostun I should resist each seperatly or increase effects of the first one? Same example with acid or any other chemical?

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Mar 14 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #10

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

But what if the acid is boiling? (Batman reference, I forget which movie it was)

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Mar 14 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #11

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...I think it was the first one, where they had the fight at the Axis Chemical plant that resulted in Jack Napier to becoming the Joker.

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Mar 15 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,601

Agh! Spoiler!

*ducks* (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:23 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.