IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your favorite metatype to play, And why?
What is your favorite shadowrun metatype?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 86
Guests cannot vote 
moosegod
post Dec 5 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,818

Yeah, so, uh.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chodav
post Dec 5 2003, 12:41 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 5,852

Humans, because I prefer to play ordinary people thrust into extraordinary circumstances, and most metahumans aren't ordinary. (I voted low power in the other poll, if you hadn't guessed.)

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Dec 5 2003, 12:45 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,242

I've played a number of dwarves and humans in the past, and have dabbled with orks. Never played a troll, as yet. And I have played elves only rarely.

My current character is a nonmagical human who got SURGE'd in the year of the comet.

+Quote Post
6thDragon
post Dec 5 2003, 12:46 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,605

One of my characters was a formed Ghost combat decker, so naturally he is an elf. however as soon as I get into another campaign I really want to try a couple of the new metavarients. The giant (troll), oni (orc), gnome (dwarf), and miniator (troll) all look really interesting. However since I usually end up as the GM i'll probably have to settle for making cool NPCs.

+Quote Post
moosegod
post Dec 5 2003, 12:46 AM
Post #5

Running Target

I love playing trolls with bonus point: Int and Exceptional attribute: Int. It's a lot of fun to come up plans as complex and well thought out as the human players, who are used to the "big dumb trog" sterotype.

And they're unbreakable.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Dec 5 2003, 01:08 AM
Post #6

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Human fan, meself. Karma pool up the wazoo.

~J

+Quote Post
thunderchild
post Dec 5 2003, 01:17 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,479

Orks - They have a noble quality lacking in elves, dwarves and humans.

+Quote Post
moosegod
post Dec 5 2003, 01:20 AM
Post #8

Running Target

I always kind of played them as (sterotypical) 80's blacks- sticking up for each other all the time, crammed in the poorest sections of the cities, etc.

+Quote Post
Lockjaw
post Dec 5 2003, 01:20 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 5,856

i played a troll, elf, and ork, in that order.

i like trolls, cause theyre big ass monsters, played an elf because it seemed different from a troll, and played an ork mostly because the g-dogg chracter from the wizkids game influenced me.

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Dec 5 2003, 01:21 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,242

QUOTE (moosegod)
I love playing trolls with bonus point: Int and Exceptional attribute: Int. It's a lot of fun to come up plans as complex and well thought out as the human players, who are used to the "big dumb trog" sterotype.

I've got a bit of a tangent. Why on earth does anyone ever bother to buy the Exceptional Attribute edge? It ups the Racial Modified limit and the Attribute maximums, but since virtually no-one that I know buys their PC's Intelligence up past the Racial Modified lim it seems like a pretty worthless Edge to me.

Bonus attribute point, though, can actually be useful -- it gives you a way to, at character creation, break past the Racial Modified Limit (and play a astonishingly intelligent ork or troll).

</tangent>

And, um, on-topic, oni are pretty cool too. Hmmm... albino oni physads with magic resistance... go ahead and try to nail me with that stunball... :vegm:

+Quote Post
Sahandrian
post Dec 5 2003, 01:33 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,880

I voted ork, but my ork characters only outnumber my elves by 1. I play humans, too, but for some reason, I just don't like trolls and dwarves.

+Quote Post
Grey
post Dec 5 2003, 01:47 AM
Post #12

Runner

Member No.: 100

I voted for Orc, cause I've been playing them a lot lately, though I've played every race, including lots of the metavariants. I'd say that in the long run I've played Orc the most, followed by human, then elf, then troll, then dwarf.

I think I like Orc the best because I love the idea of the Orc Underground and making characters that have a Robin Hood mentality.

+Quote Post
gknoy
post Dec 5 2003, 01:51 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,835

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Human fan, meself. Karma pool up the wazoo.

~J

Only when you earn enough karma to actually /earn/ KP... (I never have ;)) Granted, I'm a big fan for the long term karma pool result, too - that's easily half the reason I play humans. Well, maybe a third. One reason is I can empathize with a human -- I'm not a big beefy guy, so I have a hard time thinking like a troll; and while elves are cool, I just ... I dunno ... *shrugs*. Statistically, I'd be a human, probably, anyways. ;)

And then there's the fact that no matter what system I use, if I'm a human, I can get more skills, and usually the same or maybe only slightly less stats. Since I like skill-heavy physads, (hehe), that makes meta-choices less appealing. *sigh* Again, not logical, just personal habit.

+Quote Post
gknoy
post Dec 5 2003, 01:53 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,835

QUOTE (Kurukami)
And, um, on-topic, oni are pretty cool too. Hmmm... albino oni physads with magic resistance... go ahead and try to nail me with that stunball... :vegm:

So ... where can I find more about Oni? =D I'd not heard of them in SR before. =)

+Quote Post
moosegod
post Dec 5 2003, 01:53 AM
Post #15

Running Target

SRComp.

Also being used by the new emporer as real kick-butt gaurds at his palace.

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Dec 5 2003, 01:55 AM
Post #16

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Member No.: 2,006

Night Elves Rock!

+Quote Post
moosegod
post Dec 5 2003, 01:58 AM
Post #17

Running Target

I hate elves! Gah. We never have elves in my fantasy games. Why, cause I, the GM, can't play them, so I place them out of the character's reach (mostly). Otherwise, they'd want to talk to the great elvish whoawhatist for whatever those pansies want.

And in my SR games most Elves wind up acting like everyone else or being hyper-racists from one of the Tirs.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Dec 5 2003, 02:01 AM
Post #18

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

QUOTE (Kurukami)
I've got a bit of a tangent. Why on earth does anyone ever bother to buy the Exceptional Attribute edge? It ups the Racial Modified limit and the Attribute maximums, but since virtually no-one that I know buys their PC's Intelligence up past the Racial Modified lim it seems like a pretty worthless Edge to me.

No idea why for intelligence, but for a human (or anyone else without Quickness or Strength mods) it allows you to cram in that fourth point of Muscle Toners or Muscle Augmentation.

~J

+Quote Post
Connor
post Dec 5 2003, 02:33 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,652

I voted elves, but I really haven't had any preference. None of my main characters share a metatype...although when I make up those quick and dirty type characters I tend to go for an elf...

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Dec 5 2003, 02:36 AM
Post #20

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

While I normally play Humans, I tend to have the most fun playing Dwarves (especially a Dwarven Face I have -- Orks may have the Underground, but Dwarves of all creeds band together like some kind of fraternal order) and Orks (for the same reason, though focused more on the Underground). They just ooze style in my opinion. I voted for Dwarves, though, just because I like the little guys. :D

+Quote Post
Nevermind
post Dec 5 2003, 02:52 AM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 2,920

1 Ork
1 Oger
4 Humans
as PC.
No elves, never ever.

Voted Ork, as itīs fun to have bad habits. ;)

+Quote Post
Tziluthi
post Dec 5 2003, 03:12 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,112

Ork or dwarf, because priority-system wise, it comes free with every non-awakened character. :) But seriously, I perfer humans and orks. Trolls and dwarfs are somewhere in the middle-ground. Elves are, well, boring and arrogant.

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Dec 5 2003, 03:35 AM
Post #23

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

I like elves but only because i like to play magic characters and the 2 cha. bonus helps with conjuring other wise my preferance would be human. dwarf and ork are ok but not prefered and trolls rock when you get to be a metavariant you get less bonus but then again there are less negitives.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Dec 5 2003, 03:40 AM
Post #24

Chrome to the Core

Member No.: 5,715

Troll, because I'm mainly a Sammie guy, and they make mean mofos.

+Quote Post
Dogsoup
post Dec 5 2003, 03:50 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 806

I voted human 'cause they make up most of my chars, but when I choose a metatype, it's almost always orc.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:22 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.