Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lowered Essence and Humanity
swirler
post Mar 15 2008, 12:02 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,369

One of my group was commenting on how he thought it was no big deal to drop your essence down the way it was in cyberpunk. Are there any mechanical reasons to not lower your essence (through mods or whatever) as a mundane? I'd always thought it was kind of implied as an rp thing, but for some people have to be told to do it by the rules. Any thoughts/info?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fygg Nuuton
post Mar 15 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,989

In third edition you would be harder to heal, but that may not be the case in 4th. I also seem to recall some social mods but that may only have been for obvious ware.

+Quote Post
It trolls!
post Mar 15 2008, 12:36 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,049

For healing there are mods for the condition "Patient has implants" which amount to -1 DP per 2 points of essence lost.
There are no social mods for implants per se but the GM coud always pull dice from the pool of a chromed up sammie who's talking to a naturalist hippie of some sort. And then there's flaws like Cyberpsychosis giving -2 DP on all social tests.

VVVV Of course, I totally forgot that.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 15 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

IIRC, there are also penalties to magical healing for lower Essence characters.

+Quote Post
nathanross
post Mar 15 2008, 01:45 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,845

All I can recall in SR4 are the Magical and Mundane healing modifiers. In SR3 it was more built into the system that lower essence made you less human and that people could feel this from you. It gave you +TN in social situations. As far as I know, there are no -DP relative to essence in SR4.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:33 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.