Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR4 Vehicle Modification (Excel)
zsguthy
post Mar 20 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,310

Arsenal's vehicle modification in Excel.

I see that Nightwalker450 beat me to it, but here is my one.

http://www.agr.unideb.hu/~zsguthy/tmp/SR4Vehicle.xls

Feedback is appreciated.

And please lobby for more comprehensive vehicle (design) rules whenever you can.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Mar 20 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,440

I see no vehicle stats ie rating for sensors? and if you install improved sensors nothing seems to change?

Nice sheet otherwise.

WMS

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Mar 20 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,440

Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization cost 1 slot, your spreadsheet uses a cost of 4.

WMS

+Quote Post
RobertB
post Sep 3 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,516

I was wondering if this spreadsheet could be updated for the drones found in Unwired. Anyone? Bueller? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Robert (aka Spanner)

+Quote Post
zsguthy
post Sep 8 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #5

Target

Well, I have added the 3 drones to the list, though the data was inadequate as usual.
As there was nothing on how repeater drone flies I have set it to normal, but LTA would also be a logical choice.

Handling the new autosofts would need a complete overhaul of that section, so it won't happen tonight.

+Quote Post
Squinky
post Sep 26 2008, 03:52 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 7,377

This sheet is awesome!

But, I just can't seem to find the touch sensor mod on there.

+Quote Post
zsguthy
post Sep 26 2008, 06:45 AM
Post #7

Target

Well, thanks...

There is a description, but its stats are missing from the tables in the book... It's not even a sensor component per se, it's listed with the misc equipment. Maybe when the errata comes out.
Sensors are a shady area anyway. Still bugs me why they couldn't include an abstract sensor rating upgrade, say 500Y/level, max=pilot. Do an average if you improve some components - they say, and most of the components doesn't even have a rating. And why cars need a full radar, which flying drones can't even afford... Etc, etc...
Arrgh, whoever did the vehicles in this edition should be hanged... Or invited to a night of fun to the closest Humanis chapter... or his choice of order.

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post Oct 1 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,014

Like the sheet. Very thorough.

On your cmbVehicle.Change script, there are two lines:

Range("modECM").Value = Range("OLDECM").Value
Range("modECCM").Value = Range("OLDECM").Value

Shouldnt it be:

Range("modECM").Value = Range("OLDECM").Value
Range("modECCM").Value = Range("OLDECCM").Value

Also, what is your feeling about someone including this worksheet in a character generator spreadsheet? I have a simple vehicles page on my Upgraded Character Generator, but it only allows for program upgrades, not for modding like you have. Let me know what you think.

+Quote Post
Bobson
post Oct 27 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,928

Very nice. A little heavy on the macros (which means I can't use it at home, where I have Macs) but really powerful. Two problems, though: If you select any type of addon that takes an input as a number (such as Passenger Protection) the field that it enables to enter the value is read-only. Also, there aren't enough splaces to put in addons - the Ares Roadmaster can support 16 addon slots, and it's possible that all those slots are filled by 16 different items.

+Quote Post
zsguthy
post Oct 27 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #10

Target

DamienKnight:

Range("modECCM").Value = Range("OLDECCM").Value
Yes, of course. I have uploaded a fixed version a while back but had no time to post a reply.

As for including it in your chargen - let's see it first. Though as long as it stays available and free for the community and credit is given, I don't see why not. But as I rely heavily on named ranges, integrating it may easily be more bother than worth.

Bobson:
Is there a real need for more than 10 addons that are not weapon, drone rack, "suspension", engine mod or armor? I can add a few more lines, but it takes some work as there are lots of invisible calculations around.

Read-only mod ratings: Oops, I fix it in the next version, thanks.

Macros. I can not avoid most of them. Some attributes could go to more lookup tables instead, but there is no other way to prefill a cell that can also be changed. And well, I do not even intend to be Mac-friendly, anyway.

+Quote Post
Bobson
post Oct 27 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (zsguthy @ Oct 27 2008, 03:04 PM) *
Bobson:
Is there a real need for more than 10 addons that are not weapon, drone rack, "suspension", engine mod or armor? I can add a few more lines, but it takes some work as there are lots of invisible calculations around.

With Rigger Adaptation, GridLink, GridLink Override, and an Anti-Theft System taking up five boxes that I think most riggers would want, that only leaves 5 for the other "fun" addons, like Chameleon Coating, Ram plates, nitros, etc. On my current rigger, I had 12 things I wanted to put in that list, before I scrapped some in favor of turbochargers. I'd say 15 would be more than sufficent, probably 12 is good, because I was really pushing what I could cram it (nowhere near what I wanted to, of course, but what I could). Alternatively, you could fiddle with the basics a bit. Make Rigger adaptation a checkbox in with the amenities or electronics (and auto-check it for drones), make a "Gridlink & Override" option that combines the two... Or pull out all the control schemes (The various degrees of manual from manual-only to no-manual) into a new box, and put rigger adaptation and skinlink in there... *shrug* I don't know exactly.

Read-only mod ratings: Oops, I fix it in the next version, thanks.

Another bug: In the sensor table, you can't actually specify a number for any sensors that aren't in the default slots, so it doesn't count you as having any of them and the cost isn't incremented appropriately.

And another: The finalize button doesn't work for me (it complains about the sheet being read-only), so every time I open it up it resets to the default vehicle...

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post Oct 30 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

QUOTE (zsguthy @ Oct 27 2008, 03:04 PM) *
DamienKnight:
As for including it in your chargen - let's see it first. Though as long as it stays available and free for the community and credit is given, I don't see why not. But as I rely heavily on named ranges, integrating it may easily be more bother than worth.

You can see the latest version of my chargen here.

After pouring over your sheet for a few hours, I decided it would not integrate well with mine for 2 reasons:

1. A large portion of the community that uses the Upgraded Character Generator are running on Open Office, which does not work well with Macros. Because of this I have to make my sheet run normally when macros are disabled.

2. I have one sheet for multiple vehicles, and would like to keep it that way. It seems like your sheet serves virtually any vehicle need and does it really well, but the goal of my sheet is to simply handle the majority of vehicle designs (hence only 8 upgrade slots, only 3 possible turrets, etc)

I did use your sheet as a kind of checklist when redesigning my vehicles page, and used the items list from your data page (although I had to change quite a bit of it). I will make sure you are mentioned as inspiring the vehicle mods section.

Your sheets are protected with a password. Was that intended?

+Quote Post
Bobson
post Oct 30 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Oct 30 2008, 09:55 AM) *
1. A large portion of the community that uses the Upgraded Character Generator are running on Open Office, which does not work well with Macros. Because of this I have to make my sheet run normally when macros are disabled.
Office for Mac also doesn't have macros. It's quite frustrating. They can add a huge amount of functionality, as this sheet demonstrates...

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post Oct 30 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Indeed, certain things are not possible without Macros, such as showing/hiding cells or sheets, or manually coping/moving data in non-formula cells.

So far I have been able to solve most problems with excel functionality. Alot can be accomplished in formulas and with conditional formatting!

+Quote Post
Bobson
post Nov 5 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Oct 30 2008, 08:55 AM) *
Your sheets are protected with a password. Was that intended?

In general, I find protected worksheets to be highly annoying, because I can't tweak them for errata or house rules. Specific examples: I can't modify Interior Cameras to cost 0 slots, or add 2 arms to walker drones without taking up slots.

So, in order to apply said mods, I cracked the password (sorry), and in the process unprotected the "Insert rating here" column (Q) in the mod grid. In the process, I discovered another bug: it's applying the slot cost for the addon to each rating point of the addon, rather than being a flat cost regardless of rating.

Also, all the mods from the table on page 143 (except turbochargers) are missing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:37 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.