Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun Spell Cards, and programs and initiate powers
Blodgett
post Mar 21 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,663

I made these for myself, and my group, thought you might be interested. They are cards with the spells on them (as well as initiate abilities & programs) that you can print out & use. They are in the same order as they appear in the books & include all variations on separate cards. Let me know if you find anything wrong (I had to hand type them).

You can d/l them here http://www.mediafire.com/?fmg3bvjm90a

edit: fixed the backs of the cards so that they print correctly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Mar 26 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,753

Great idea !!

I was thinking of something like this, after looking at the SR card game and playing with some of the Games Workshop boardgames.

Makes things a little more fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Mar 27 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #3

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Very handy, and it looks like you put a lot of work into them. The only problem I can see is that they seem to be verbatim copies of the text from the books, which violates a number of copyright laws and falls outside of fair use.

I believe a better way to handle these sorts of projects is to write your own interpretations of each item. It's certainly more legal, and far less likely to be frowned upon by the powers that be. As an example, may I offer the program cards at this site?

+Quote Post
Blodgett
post Mar 27 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 15,663

I actually hand-typed them in. Took awhile, I made these for my group (I had a set way back in the 2nd ed days) and just thought others would like them. If it's a problem, just let me know.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Mar 27 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #5

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Er ... it doesn't actually matter, legally speaking, whether you hand-typed them or took pictures. The original work is protected.

It's not a problem with me, but it might be with CGL or WizKids. Plus, since RPGs are a pretty low-profit industry, some consider it rude to publish other people's rules and work.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.