Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Mar 25 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #2

panda!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,242

while im sure i have read about it before, im not equally sure if its new to this forum or not...

anyways, thanks for linking. but i must say that your topic made me think of ninja turtles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Mar 25 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,601

Gragh... Is it hypocritical of me to have no problem shoving chips into my brain but that I'm grossed out by the prospect of wearing an animated tattoo?

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Mar 25 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Mar 25 2008, 06:21 AM) *
Gragh... Is it hypocritical of me to have no problem shoving chips into my brain but that I'm grossed out by the prospect of wearing an animated tattoo?

It can get a little freaky seeing things appear on your arm. With the chips in your head YOU control it and nobody else sees it.

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Mar 25 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

That'd be an excellent creepy bit to do to a runner though.

Your skin start beeping and as you look down at your belly an image suddenly swims into view.

"Morning chummer... I guess it's safe to say that you've one fucked up and now "we" own you. Two words: Cranial Bomb. Okay, now in the dresser to you right you'll find some ID and..."

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Mar 25 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #6

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

This doesn't freak me out at all. Particularly not when compared to a chip in the brain. When this thing's refresh rate and resolution are hopelessly obsolete in five years I can have it replaced, and I can repeat this process as often as I desire. There's only so many times they can go digging obsolete silicon out of your head to upgrade you to the latest and greatest before your brain no worky good no more.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Mar 25 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #7

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

it will be usefull for people with things like pace-makers, or maybe for people with implanted medicine that they can release over this thing . . and of course, there's going to be the freak market for people who will want to blue tooth it and their build in bluetooth headset or something *g*

+Quote Post
DocTaotsu
post Mar 26 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #8

Shooting Target

I actually have a standing policy of "no implantable phones" I really don't want to be unable to throw my phone in the lake when it's thematically appropriate IRL.

+Quote Post
b1ffov3rfl0w
post Mar 26 2008, 12:58 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,329

I love that it's warning the guy he has a ".12% blood alcohal" level.

"hey whats my tat sya dude sall blulry n shit"

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Mar 26 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #10

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Mar 25 2008, 08:07 PM) *
I actually have a standing policy of "no implantable phones" I really don't want to be unable to throw my phone in the lake when it's thematically appropriate IRL.

I don't think they're talking about implanting the entire phone, just a bluetooth interface. You can still throw your phone in a lake with this. It would be like throwing the phone away but keeping your bluetooth headset, which is now largely useless until you get a new phone. Or, I suppose, if you need to know how drunk you are, in this case, it would still have a use.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.