IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon PC poll, As has been requested...
The dragon PC poll, obviously.
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 138
Guests cannot vote 
Rasumichin
post Apr 2 2008, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,648

QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Apr 2 2008, 07:20 PM) *
If everyone's just going to say "is good", "is bad", or "is a joke" we should just make a poll.

Okay, here we go.

As you might have read, CGL has just previewed rules for dragon PCs :

http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/download/p...ers_preview.pdf

This is where you can post what you think of them.

I deliberately restricted the number of available answers to not get into lenghty " the rules aren't that bad, but would only work in a 600 BP game" stuff.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cain
post Apr 2 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #2

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif)

Dear gods.....

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Apr 2 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Dammit, how do i add this poll?
Closing the form won't help, not closing it won't help either...i'll take a look in the faq.
Please hang on further...

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Apr 2 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #4

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

i swear, if they plan on adding that to RC, they damn well add AI's to unwired!

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Apr 2 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #5

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

someone has to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE...feature=related
i will now get my coat

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Apr 2 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #6

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

I think they already said unwired has AI's and there was mention of PC AI's to go with the dragons in RC.

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Apr 2 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Finally, here we go.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Apr 2 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #8

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (Casazil @ Apr 2 2008, 11:31 PM) *
I think they already said unwired has AI's and there was mention of PC AI's to go with the dragons in RC.

hmm, i guess i should go back and look at the transcript from the latest talk...

+Quote Post
ravensmuse
post Apr 3 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 14,507

No option for, ehhh, not really sure?

I mean, rules for dragons, I can live with that. I did advocate getting rules for AIs, for at the very least an NPC. I'm thinking the same deal with these here dragons. I mean, to my inexperienced eyes they look okay, but I don't think that I would allow it unless it was either a long running game, I knew I could depend on the PC not to be cheeseball, or I was running a convention game.

In other words, I just don't know. I like more meta-variants, but dragons just inspire that, 'wait, what?' response from me.

+Quote Post
raverbane
post Apr 3 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 13,735

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry660533

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Apr 3 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #11

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

...ahh, in looking at the date of the posting, I think I may be in error about this being a joke. (See link above)

+Quote Post
Larme
post Apr 3 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,430

Hehe, it looks pretty evenly split between like and hate... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smokin.gif)

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Apr 3 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,440

Great and Blessed Bast's Third Breast~~~~~~ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif)

Munchkin players are gaining ground in SR4 it seems to me.*shakes head in absolute wonder and bewilderment*

*Sighs*another house ruled away "feature" of SR4 along with TM's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

Time to break out the Frank Trollman Possessed Troll Adept using a Bow that does 20P+ and moves faster than the Flash. Begin the Chant "Monty Monty Monty Hall lets make a deal!!!"

If they WASTE efforts on this, then the previous statements by them are mute. Where is Dr. Funk, he will be having great fun, better than the cyber penis rants/discussions.

Dragons do not play in my games, my players even getting close to one, they all break out in a cold sweat and look for a bug out.

I play Dragons and IE's, the like Old School, something you talk about in private places but look over your shoulder alot, and hope they do not hear and come to see why you spoke their name.

WMS

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Apr 3 2008, 04:03 AM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Apr 2 2008, 10:44 PM) *
*Sighs*another house ruled away "feature" of SR4 along with TM's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

What's wrong with Technomancers? I thought the people on this forum have said that TM suck as compared to a good hacker (the hacker can do more than just hack computers).

QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Apr 2 2008, 10:44 PM) *
Dragons do not play in my games, my players even getting close to one, they all break out in a cold sweat and look for a bug out.

I play Dragons and IE's, the like Old School, something you talk about in private places but look over your shoulder alot, and hope they do not hear and come to see why you spoke their name.

WMS

Then your players don't have enough heavy firepower. Dragons are tough, but a party that's ANYWHERE near tough enough to think about taking on a dragon needs an assault cannon for EVERY member of the party (even the mages =^.^=).

+Quote Post
True Believer
post Apr 3 2008, 04:04 AM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 15,831

Now all I have to do is convince my GM that I should be allowed to play one. I mean come on, the Eastern Dragon costs 325 BP. I can barely buy anything else... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
WearzManySkins
post Apr 3 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,440

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Apr 2 2008, 11:03 PM) *
What's wrong with Technomancers? I thought the people on this forum have said that TM suck as compared to a good hacker (the hacker can do more than just hack computers).

Then your players don't have enough heavy firepower. Dragons are tough, but a party that's ANYWHERE near tough enough to think about taking on a dragon needs an assault cannon for EVERY member of the party (even the mages =^.^=).

Why? well others here have house ruled them away for their reasons also. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Sorry Dragons being played or fought in a game, to me is Uber Mega Munchkin Monty Hall game, I gave up that level of mega power gaming over 20 years ago, was in the long term self defeating cycle of bigger badder etc.

In my game PA's would be inadequate to the task of attempting to inflict harm on a Dragon, maybe the main gun of a Stone Wall Jackson MBT, if some how it got with in point blank range with out being uber magicked away to nowhere.

To each their own, one day they may learn. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

WMS

+Quote Post
True Believer
post Apr 3 2008, 04:25 AM
Post #17

Target

QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Apr 2 2008, 09:12 PM) *
Why? well others here have house ruled them away for their reasons also. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Sorry Dragons being played or fought in a game, to me is Uber Mega Munchkin Monty Hall game, I gave up that level of mega power gaming over 20 years ago, was in the long term self defeating cycle of bigger badder etc.

In my game PA's would be inadequate to the task of attempting to inflict harm on a Dragon, maybe the main gun of a Stone Wall Jackson MBT, if some how it got with in point blank range with out being uber magicked away to nowhere.

To each their own, one day they may learn. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

WMS

That's fair. However, although I was joking about trying to play one, I think calling it a waste is an overstatement. If people want to play a dragon then the rules being made to allow them to is not a waste. I understand that you won't be using it, but that doesn't mean no one will.

+Quote Post
Zhan Shi
post Apr 3 2008, 04:27 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,615

I suppose I'm in the minority here. I don't consider the possibility of dragon PCs as a bad thing. But I've always been a fluff lover. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Whatever DID happen to the good Doctor?

+Quote Post
True Believer
post Apr 3 2008, 04:48 AM
Post #19

Target

QUOTE (Zhan Shi @ Apr 2 2008, 09:27 PM) *
I suppose I'm in the minority here. I don't consider the possibility of dragon PCs as a bad thing. But I've always been a fluff lover. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

After playing around with the idea in the character creator I don't see it as all that bad either. I mean you don't have a lot of points to work with in the beginning so all you really have is super strength and a recognizable face.

Ok that's not entirely true. You also have some nifty powers, but your skills are going to be lacking and your equipment won't be much better at first, especially if you want to be sustaining a shapechange spell.

+Quote Post
apollo124
post Apr 3 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,246

For myself, I thought the rules were well written, but no way in Hell would I allow one of these into my game. I've seen in other games and gaming systems where new races really had way too big an advantage over more standard races.

My case in point was gm'ing D+D and my friend's wife wanted to play an alaghi (yeti-like thing). The whole rest of the 1st level party got its' butts kicked by a bear, but she went claw to claw with it and won with hardly a scratch. And I've had other horror tales from D+D and new players coming in, trying to bring their old gm's faulty knowledge of the game with them. A 1st level wizard with a Displacer Beast familiar, for instance.

Anyway, back on topic. Nice rules option, but not in my game, sorry. Looking forward to seeing more of the Runners' Companion though.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Apr 3 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #21

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Zhan Shi @ Apr 3 2008, 03:27 PM) *

He has been unwell as of late, and is taking a hiatus.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Apr 3 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #22

Deus Absconditus

Member No.: 5,566

Yeah, every bone in my body says this is a joke.

That 1% that says it isn't is convinced that all the devs have been huffing paint.

So yeah, definitely a joke.

+Quote Post
KurenaiYami
post Apr 3 2008, 06:17 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,668

I'm all for it, as I simply see no reason for it to not be allowed.

If, through experience, I find it to be bothersome, I'll talk to my players then, and outlaw it.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Apr 3 2008, 08:50 AM
Post #24

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

It's a shame you can't see how the votes in the separate categories are tied together. I voted that the rules appeared well done (though play-testing would be a must and it would vary massively according to play style), but I also voted that there is no way I would allow this in my game. Got to say that I really wasn't expecting dragon PC rules.

+Quote Post
Tai-Pan
post Apr 3 2008, 08:58 AM
Post #25

Target

Member No.: 823

QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Apr 2 2008, 03:02 PM) *
Okay, here we go.

As you might have read, CGL has just previewed rules for dragon PCs :

http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/download/p...ers_preview.pdf

This is where you can post what you think of them.

I deliberately restricted the number of available answers to not get into lenghty " the rules aren't that bad, but would only work in a 600 BP game" stuff.

Yet another reason I'm glad I'm sticking to SR3.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:53 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.