> Questions about Weapons and Armor
Theobald
post Apr 6 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,813

Hi @ all
I am new to SR 4, but I played SR 2 and SR 3. I have some questions concerning weapons and armor.

1. Iirc in earlier editions of SR arrows and crossbow bolts were resisted with Impact Armor. Why did they change that ? (even Flechette Ammo is resisted with Impact Armor)

2. What about Throwing Weapons ? Impact or Ballistic Armor ?

3. In the Arsenal on page 178 Flechete Ammo has +2 DV and +5 AP. Is that a typo ?(SR 4 +2 DV / +2 AP)

4. Why is any attack a Stun attack, when the DV doesn't exceed the armor ? A troll with an armor jacket will go down before the troll without any armor, because trolls have way more boxes on their physical damage track than on their stun damage track. That cannot be right. How do you houserule this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cabral
post Apr 6 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,646

2 (the second one). Arsenal is correct. It reflects the errata on the website.

4. Because a hit that doesn't penetrate your armor is going to have its energy difused over a larger area and they chose to represent that with the aforementioned mechanic. I don't houserule it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.