Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spell Design, Illusion Spells
Tashiro
post Apr 13 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,847

I was working on some spells for 4E, converting them over from 3E and an older campaign, and I had to wonder:
The drain code for making a spell which targets more than one sense is only a touch higher than a single-sense spell. Now, if you design a spell which mutes the five senses in relation to you, I see little reason for just taking a single-sense muting spell.

IE: Invisibility and Silence are two separate spells, but for just a slightly higher drain code, you could have a spell which cloaks your scent on top of muting any sounds you make, or any chance of being seen, or tasted, or touched (read: the feel of you touching another is muted, so a punch might feel like a light tap, though the full kinetic impact is there).

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Apr 13 2008, 01:00 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,813

if you consider it a huge problem, you could make it increase the DV by +1 per sense.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:55 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.