Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Apr 15 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Do you really think Ares would let something like "the law" get in the way of ensuring that (*Hands on hips, talking like a overexagerated Superhero*) EVERY MAN WOMAN AND CHILD IN THE WORLD IS ABLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES?

Hell no. That's why they're a MegaCorporation with the ability to make their own laws. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Cthulhudreams
post Apr 15 2008, 01:08 AM
Post #3

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,328

I don't know. I imagine a fairly common use for ares' weapons is shooting at ares' employees. It makes sense in that context.

+Quote Post
sunnyside
post Apr 15 2008, 01:14 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,502

Oh, I"m betting Ares does something like that. Except for the stopping straw purchases part and telling the government what they've found.

But if your guns start showing up in attacks on Ares, well, you may have to answer some questions the next time you walk in the store, which is, after all, now outside of your governments jurisdiction.

+Quote Post
O'Donnell Heir
post Apr 15 2008, 02:57 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 15,853

Honestly it's total BS. Oh, they'll do it alright, but anyone who's planning on even possibly committing a crime doesn't get their weapon from a store (You think FASA invented fixers?), and if they do, it's already something that can be tracked fairly easily.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Apr 15 2008, 04:01 AM
Post #6

Mr. Johnson

Member No.: 8,314

Would it kill you to make it a link? Y'know, like www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1421318620080414?

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Apr 15 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #7

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

1: please use the link function for us lazy people.
2: who the hell buys a gun at walmart?

+Quote Post
IQ Zero
post Apr 15 2008, 04:16 AM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 15,887

If you were a "professional" criminal, would you actually buy your gun at WalMart?

+Quote Post
nathanross
post Apr 15 2008, 07:07 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,845

For as long as Weapons World has existed in SR, I have never used it. They already register it to a SIN (which would have my precious biometrics stored), and that is too much for me to deal with.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Apr 15 2008, 07:12 AM
Post #10

Freelance Elf

Member No.: 6,714

Just more bullshit hoops to make law-abiding gun owners jump through (and more of our privacy to invade) in order to make the libs feel like they're doing something about violent crime (without the "doing something" being anything that might hurt the feelings of the poor, underpriviledged, violent criminals and those who love them).

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Apr 15 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #11

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 15 2008, 02:12 AM) *
Just more bullshit hoops to make law-abiding gun owners jump through (and more of our privacy to invade) in order to make the libs feel like they're doing something about violent crime (without the "doing something" being anything that might hurt the feelings of the poor, underpriviledged, violent criminals and those who love them).

Like Defence Lawyers that make lots and lots of money...

+Quote Post
Kerberos
post Apr 15 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,137

QUOTE (IQ Zero @ Apr 14 2008, 11:16 PM) *
If you were a "professional" criminal, would you actually buy your gun at WalMart?

You've played to much Shadowrun. Criminals are as a group are a bunch of pathetic losers, not highly competent professionals. Some would almost certainly be stupid and careless enough to buy their guns at a regular shop.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Apr 15 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #13

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

or even try to rob a gun shop...

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Apr 15 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #14

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Kerberos @ Apr 15 2008, 06:56 AM) *
You've played to much Shadowrun. Criminals are as a group are a bunch of pathetic losers, not highly competent professionals. Some would almost certainly be stupid and careless enough to buy their guns at a regular shop.

The joke about the guy that walked into the Police Station, dropped a Kilo of Coke on the front desk, and demanded his dealer be arrested for cutting it and then selling it as pure.

Yeah, that's not a joke.

Shadowrunners are replacements for Industrial Spies which, like every other industry in the world, has now been outsourced.

+Quote Post
Kerberos
post Apr 15 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,137

QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 15 2008, 07:49 AM) *
The joke about the guy that walked into the Police Station, dropped a Kilo of Coke on the front desk, and demanded his dealer be arrested for cutting it and then selling it as pure.

Yeah, that's not a joke.

I can believe that, a guy I knew on an Internet forum told that his (now ex) wife called the cops on him because he threw the pot she was smoking into a field.

+Quote Post
Fuchs
post Apr 15 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #16

Dragon

Member No.: 8,014

QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 15 2008, 09:12 AM) *

Yes. Instead of dealing with law breakers, the media and some politicians are caught up in their fantasy of "preventing crime" by outlawing anything deemed dangerous - be it computer games, or guns.

I always say, if people can't be trusted to own guns, then they can't be trusted to vote. But I guess that comes next, probably disguised as some "minimal knowledge of democratic procedures" requirement. Maybe they'll recycle the tests from the last century.

+Quote Post
IQ Zero
post Apr 15 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #17

Target

Member No.: 15,887

QUOTE (Kerberos @ Apr 15 2008, 07:56 PM) *
Actually, don't think of runners as criminals, think of them as ... freelance spies or even professional hit men, not the amateur druggies looking to score their next high.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Apr 15 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #18

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (IQ Zero @ Apr 15 2008, 08:19 AM) *
Actually, don't think of runners as criminals, think of them as ... freelance spies or even professional hit men, not the amateur druggies looking to score their next high.

With the way my group is turning out, I can only wish that! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silly.gif)

+Quote Post
hermit
post Apr 15 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #19

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

Well duh. Guns'll still be in the far left part of the store, will they? Anyway, if you eman to do something not too law-abiding with your gun, you buy it at an arms fair anyway, don't you? Besides, they already demand your license, don't they?

Don't really see where that invades privacy allt hat much. Not that farmer joe and his gun will stop any SWAT-ish assault team from getting them for hard interrogation (after all, it's not torture) anyway.

You're so SR3, dude. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Seriously, I think of runners like that too, but to each their own.

+Quote Post
Nychuus
post Apr 15 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #20

Target

Member No.: 13,191

Yeehaw, they're going to film every gun purchase. Much help that's going to be. All they're going to get is a face and probably a credit card number (if the purchaser is THAT dumb, but then the buyer isn't going to do anything with the gun anyhow)

All you have to do is report it stolen a few months later... Oh god, I'm giving them ideas... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepy.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Apr 15 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Oh, they already know that, Nychuus, don't worry.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Apr 15 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #22

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (O'Donnell Heir @ Apr 14 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Honestly it's total BS. Oh, they'll do it alright, but anyone who's planning on even possibly committing a crime doesn't get their weapon from a store (You think FASA invented fixers?), and if they do, it's already something that can be tracked fairly easily.

Gun stores have the Fugitives from Justice and Felons try to buy guns all the time. It's amazing. Some of them even check yes on the form. It's odd how it often seems the criminals are generally not too bright....

+Quote Post
kzt
post Apr 15 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Apr 15 2008, 06:47 AM) *
or even try to rob a gun shop...

There are, I kid you not, gun stores in Kalifornia where the employees are not allowed to be armed and are instructed not to resist.

+Quote Post
WhiteWolf
post Apr 15 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,770

QUOTE (Riley37 @ Apr 14 2008, 06:42 PM) *

Kind of reminds me of Adolf Hitler. Before he took control of Germany he was able to have their law makers pass a law to enforce everyone who owned a gun to register it, and then shortly after he was placed in control he sent the Secret Police around to every gun owners home and confiscated their weapons. This prevented the people from forming an armed malitia to challenge him. I see the security cameras as another step towards the action that happened in Germany before World War II.

+Quote Post
O'Donnell Heir
post Apr 15 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #25

Target

Member No.: 15,853

Well thanks a lot, now our side's just lost the argument. Damn you Godwin's Law!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:27 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.