Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Catalyst events
graywulfe
post Apr 20 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,723

Hey I was looking through the list of gencon activities for stuff and I couldn't find a seminar type object of catalyst announcements. Are you guys doing something like that this year? If so when/where?

graywulfe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Apr 20 2008, 08:16 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

We submitted seminars for a What's up with CGL Seminar and I believe a couple of others to GenCon. (In addition to the one "Whose Run is it Anyway" seminar that was approved. We're still going back and forth with the convention staff about whether or not those events will happen. It'd be premature of me to announce any times. Sorry!

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Apr 20 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #3

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

The observant might note that there are no RPGA events listed, either, which suggests the system is once again fuggered up. And since once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, and three times is tradition, it would seem a new Gen Con tradition has been born.

EDIT: The RPGA thing is a bit misleading. WotC hasn't given Gen Con any events as of 17 April. However, there's still an ugly traffic hit that should have been anticipated by Gen Con.

+Quote Post
graywulfe
post Apr 20 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #4

Target

QUOTE (the_dunner @ Apr 20 2008, 03:16 PM) *
We submitted seminars for a What's up with CGL Seminar and I believe a couple of others to GenCon. (In addition to the one "Whose Run is it Anyway" seminar that was approved. We're still going back and forth with the convention staff about whether or not those events will happen. It'd be premature of me to announce any times. Sorry!

<Jaw Drops>

What possible reason could the convention have for not letting you run those events? I am very confused by this news.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Apr 20 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (graywulfe @ Apr 21 2008, 07:25 AM) *
What possible reason could the convention have for not letting you run those events?

Time and/or space restrictions?

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Apr 21 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

I imagine they'll get on the schedule eventually. This year, GenCon has less space than they've had since the Milwaukee days. It's created a bit of a problem for the folks at scheduling.

+Quote Post
john_doe
post Apr 21 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,120

QUOTE (the_dunner @ Apr 20 2008, 08:56 PM) *
I imagine they'll get on the schedule eventually. This year, GenCon has less space than they've had since the Milwaukee days. It's created a bit of a problem for the folks at scheduling.

But when the renovations are complete we'll have lots and lots of room...or so is the idea anyway right?

+Quote Post
graywulfe
post Jun 2 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #8

Target

Hey just curious any update on information about Seminars at Gen Con?

+Quote Post
tweak
post Jul 1 2008, 02:09 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,622

I did sign up for one Shadowrun event and one Battletech event. I didn't see the seminars listed the last time I checked.

Can you post them here with their number, so I can just enter them in at the GEN CON website and sign up?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jul 1 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #10

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

QUOTE (tweak @ Jun 30 2008, 08:09 PM) *
I did sign up for one Shadowrun event and one Battletech event. I didn't see the seminars listed the last time I checked.
Can you post them here with their number, so I can just enter them in at the GEN CON website and sign up?
Thanks.

I know what you're saying. "If only I could look it up myself, then I wouldn't have to ask somebody else to look it up for me." Good news: NOW YOU CAN!

+Quote Post
graywulfe
post Jul 2 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #11

Target

QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 30 2008, 10:26 PM) *
I know what you're saying. "If only I could look it up myself, then I wouldn't have to ask somebody else to look it up for me." Good news: NOW YOU CAN!

thank you for that link. Now I just have to deal with the fact that I won't be able to go to it as I am already in an event that I really want to go to at that time. oh well such is life.

graywulfe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:38 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.