Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spirit power question, Materialization and Inhabitation
MadPiper
post Apr 23 2008, 05:06 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,749

Simply put. Can a spirit have both of these powers? But only actively us one at a time? I know with Possession its either materialization, or possession, no middle ground there, but with inhabitation, I get the impression a spirit has the materialization power by default, and has the inhabitation as an ability it can use, but once used, stays Inhabited until its the body dies, thus disrupting it. But if summoned again later, it would be materialization again? Do I have this right or did I mess up?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DTFarstar
post Apr 23 2008, 05:15 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 9,421

Nope, only spirits with the Inhabitation power have inhabitation. Possession and Inhabitation are two completely different Powers, and just being possession tradition does not do anything except swap Materialization with Possession. Nothing about Inhab. at all.

Chris

+Quote Post
MadPiper
post Apr 23 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #3

Target

So a spirit has materialization, or possession, period. But either can have inhabitation as a spirit power?

+Quote Post
Sma
post Apr 23 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 282

A spirit can at one time only have one of the three. The only time this changes is if a inhabitation spirit gets a perfect merge. Then it loses inhabitation and gains materialization.

+Quote Post
MadPiper
post Apr 24 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #5

Target

A spirit can at one time only have one of the three

That I understand completely. Spirits are either materialization or possession, but what I dont get is if inhabitation is more of an optional power some spirits can have?

The only time this changes is if a inhabitation spirit gets a perfect merge. Then it loses inhabitation and gains materialization.

Now that I did not know.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Apr 24 2008, 02:53 AM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (MadPiper @ Apr 24 2008, 10:42 AM) *
Spirits are either materialization or possession, but what I dont get is if inhabitation is more of an optional power some spirits can have?

Inhabitation is what things like Bug Spirits get. It isn't normally a thing usable by the PCs.

+Quote Post
Triggerz
post Apr 24 2008, 05:41 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,590

QUOTE (Fortune @ Apr 23 2008, 10:53 PM) *
Inhabitation is what things like Bug Spirits get. It isn't normally a thing usable by the PCs.

Except for Ally spirits. (Street Magic, p.103-106)

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Apr 24 2008, 08:01 AM
Post #8

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Inhabitation does not appear on any optional power lists, nor should it.

-Frank

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:47 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.