Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gunsmithing, Role of knowledge skills in process
Crimson Jack
post Dec 10 2003, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,712

For my New York solo game, my friend is making a character who is going to make his own weapons using the rules in CC. As one of his knowledge skills, he came up with Gun Design. This would govern the design of small firearms only we decided (slug weapons only basically). I'm not sure how this skill would apply though, as the rules for gun creation are fairly clear. Should I allow this skill to complement his gunsmithing or not?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Dec 10 2003, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

I certainly would. The tests are pretty easy anyway, so it's not really a huge boon. It'll just shave some time off, which makes sense for someone who's a "professional" gunsmith (which, for me at least, is represented by having the knowledge skill as well as the active skill; kinda like how a doctor needs Biotech and Medicine).

+Quote Post
Frag-o Delux
post Dec 10 2003, 08:29 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 2,316

What if he used it like a decker would use program design skill. Roll vs. 4 and add the successes to the actual Smithing test or is it add the succsses in dice to the test? It has been to long since I played a decker.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 10 2003, 11:37 PM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I'd say it should be used just like any other Complimentary Skill. Number of successes on the Complimentary skill test, divided by two, added to the successes from the Active skill test, provided the Active skill test resulted in at least on success.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:28 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.