Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Street Magic Q's, Because I lent my book to my GM
Drogos
post May 14 2008, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,746

I'm going to spend some time here at work (yes, it is that dead) making a full magician and I have a few Street Magic Q's.

-The Aspected Spellcaster (or whatever the neg quality is that makes you good at Spell Casting, but terrible at Conjuring) is statted out how?

-Which Totems in the book give bonuses to Manipualtion and/or Detection Spells?

-I can't recall if there are any good Mental Manipulations in the Spell section.

A side note, the Augmentation Addiction, how does that Neg Quality look (I think it's in Augmentation, but I don't have it so I'm not sure)?

Also, a little advice on the character is more than welcome. He's going to be based loosely on the Mantis from Metal Gear Solid and Karl Ruprecht Kroenen (the Clockwork Assassin) from Hellboy (I'm not familiar with the comics, so any info from there is greatly welcome). If I can't find a better fitting totem, he's going to use Raven and be on the path towards Burnout (and likely toxic). I plan on having an Essence worth of Cyber and Bio, but will likely have him with the Sensitive System Neg Quality (I just love to do that for characters with a little Cyber). I'm thinking about MAYBE doing a Weapon Focus Spur (pending GM approval) but that is still up in the air. The only issue is he is standard character gen and we are currently frowned from using Arsenal and Augmentation since not everyone has them available (though I'm sure my GM wouldn't mind too terribly since he has them both).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Drogos
post May 14 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

A couple quick add ons (this time from Arsenal, that I haven't picked up).

Does FFBA and a Helmet add to your armor rating to determine encumbrance?

Stats and Cost for the lowest FFBA?

+Quote Post
bjorn
post May 14 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 12,344

QUOTE (Drogos @ May 14 2008, 07:44 AM) *
Does FFBA and a Helmet add to your armor rating to determine encumbrance?

I'm at work also (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spin.gif)

FFBA only counts for 1/2 when determining encumbrance, However I don't think it comes with a helmet.

+Quote Post
Daier Mune
post May 14 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,341

QUOTE (Drogos @ May 14 2008, 07:27 AM) *
I'm going to spend some time here at work (yes, it is that dead) making a full magician and I have a few Street Magic Q's.

-The Aspected Spellcaster (or whatever the neg quality is that makes you good at Spell Casting, but terrible at Conjuring) is statted out how?

-Which Totems in the book give bonuses to Manipualtion and/or Detection Spells?

-I can't recall if there are any good Mental Manipulations in the Spell section.

A side note, the Augmentation Addiction, how does that Neg Quality look (I think it's in Augmentation, but I don't have it so I'm not sure)?

Sorceror Aspect: -4 conjure, assenting, astral combat, enchanting (arcana for everything except spell design).
Expert Aspect mage gives a +2 for it's specialty, and -6 to its penalties.

manipulation: Advisary, Artificer, Dragon
detection: Spider
both: Sky Father

mental manipulation:
Alter memory
Calm Animal/Pack
Compell Truth
Controll Actions/Animal/Emotions/Pack/Thoughts
Influence
Mob Mood/Mind/Controll

Aug.Addict -10BP, game master can occasionaly call for a Willpower + Logic (1) test (GM free to apply a -4) for the character to freak out and get a new mod.

+Quote Post
Drogos
post May 14 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Thank you much. I called my GM on my lunch break and got it all straightened out further.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.